WEN

Trusted Contributor

Has Anyone Figured Out A CC to Mix With FAS To Mellow It Out?

Hi all and hope you are having a nice weekend !  

I just love what FAS does for my curls....I just can't stand the smell that lasts forever though.  LOL  I have been trying to mix it with something to deactivate the long lingering.  I am ok with it while cleansing, but it still smells for days.  I am wondering if maybe the new FF one might do the trick but haven't gotten my TSV yet.  TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Figured Out A CC to Mix With FAS To Mellow It Out?

I can't speak for FAS but I received my TSV with FF on Tuesday and mixed with FGP (I don't care for FGP on its own) which helped tone it down to a more mild scent. I was very happy with the results.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo as far as I recall, no one has come up with anything that works for that. I was going to get the kids Green Apple and try to bring out more apple, but someone beat me to the punch and it didn't work. As my hair has grown and I use more leave-in, one person in the office seems sensitive to it. So I try to at least use TT or SAM RTM with it when I am going to work.

Well now I see one person thinks FGP works. They are very compatible. I didn't find it worked to my nose.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Nope! I like my FAS STRAIGHT UP BABY!'

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

It seems like most Wenners use seasonals for the second cleanse, but have you considered using FAS for your first cleanse, and something else for your second?  That is what I do and the FAS scent is much less noticeable that way.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Kjelle.  I have every CC except LAV ( and the kids) and haven't tried the mixing with all yet.  613 kinda works but can't use it all the time.  My hair hates FGP and it is now my hand soap LOL   I am with you though on extra leave in and no way no how would I use FAS  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@BExplorer yeah I have tried that too.  FAS is like a magnet LOL. None of the other CC ever linger...wish some would.

@SurferWife  I envy you and your hair and nose!  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@BExplorer yeah I have tried that too.  FAS is like a magnet LOL. None of the other CC ever linger...wish some would.

Well, darn it, that's all I've got to suggest :-). I use FAS first and SAM second and find that it really cuts down on the strength of the FAS lingering scent.  I hope you find something that helps cut down on that scent.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Suebdoo I agree. I don't understand how FAS can linger so much. Most of the other CCs have no lingering scent at all. FAS was clinging to my hair for days.

Honored Contributor

Those who can't handle the FAS need to pass it this way, please.  smileytongue:

Seriously @Suebdoo, using it for the first cleanse and then a separate second is the correct way to graduate from amateur status.  Or, I'll send you my address and you can be my secret santa.  Smiley Wink