WEN

Respected Contributor

I have been to doctors for alopecia areata over the years.  None of them ever asked about Wen or any other hair product when evaluating my condition.  I saw a photo that supposedly was part of the lawsuit against Wen. It looked like alopecia areata:  a bald area surrounded by normal hair.  It was not diffuse hair loss.  I don't know whether anyone suing claims Wen caused that.

I use Wen without fear because Wen does not cause hair loss.

Respected Contributor

@kislandlover wrote:

I have very thick hair that is wavy/curly, and I've always lost lots of hair in washing and almost always have stray hairs on my shoulders and back. I use all types of Wen and have for years.  As long as I have a ton of hair on my head, I don't worry about it.  I've found if I give it a good brushing before I wash, it helps. 

This is me, too. I shed hair most of the time in the shower. I cleanse daily and normally shed about 10 hairs each day. If I were to wait 3 days, I would probably shed about 30 hairs during my cleanse. I have used Wen for 4 years, and I still have very thick hair. I don't notice as many hairs on my clothes when I use Wen. I do all my shedding in the shower. I think this is what freaks people out. I'll be honest, I was a little nervous about it at first, too. But, my hair was in such great condition, I stuck with it. I still have a head full of thick hair, and it has never been better. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

With WEN I shed the least hair in my entire life. My hair is fine, but I started getting a lot of it with WEN - I see new growth constantly. My hair WAS weak also, and if it did not shed - it would break as soon as it was getting a little longer. Before WEN it was - not now.

Even though it is recommended to use WEN comb in a shower to brush CC though wet hair, I decided to stop a practice of brushing my wet hair. I know - wet hair brushing makes it more susceptible to shedding. I only brush my wet hair VERY carefully after the shower, and after applying leave-in, SC and Mouse - very-very gently. And I brush my dry hair ALL I want. My hair loss is at it's minimum in my entire life. I pick up like only a few hairs from the drain in a several days.

I would recommend to every Lady complaining about hair loss, really get in touch with needs of your own hair, and take the kind of care it really wants you to, instead of complaining, and blaming everything on WEN or anything else for that matter.....

Some hair loss problems are more serious, than that, of course there may be a need for a start of very close relationship with your doctor about general health and stuff.....