WEN

Regular Contributor
I have very thick, coarse, dry, naturally curly hair. On a normal summer day it's a frizz ball. I do a lot of buns and pony tails. Wen makes my hair feel and look healthy. However I'm losing hair like crazy. I can pull chunks of like 7 or so hairs out. My shower trap catches a lot too. I cleanse like 3 days a week.

Because I have so much hair I can't even notice a difference. But it still makes me wonder? I'm kinda thinking it's unhealthy hair ready to fall out? Is that possible? My hair is hard to brush. Should I use a special one to get rid of it? It bothers me at work if I can feel pieces ready to fall out of my pony tail.

I use Summer Honey Peach before that I used Spring orange blossom. I adore them. Do I need to stop? As I said I have a lot of hair so it's not effecting me too negatively.
Respected Contributor

@MommaNJ629 wrote:
I have very thick, coarse, dry, naturally curly hair. On a normal summer day it's a frizz ball. I do a lot of buns and pony tails. Wen makes my hair feel and look healthy. However I'm losing hair like crazy. I can pull chunks of like 7 or so hairs out. My shower trap catches a lot too. I cleanse like 3 days a week.

Because I have so much hair I can't even notice a difference. But it still makes me wonder? I'm kinda thinking it's unhealthy hair ready to fall out? Is that possible? My hair is hard to brush. Should I use a special one to get rid of it? It bothers me at work if I can feel pieces ready to fall out of my pony tail.

I use Summer Honey Peach before that I used Spring orange blossom. I adore them. Do I need to stop? As I said I have a lot of hair so it's not effecting me too negatively.

Yes, yes, yes.  I used Wen for 8 years and decided to change shampoos and guess what?  No more hair loss.  I thought it was menopause or just age.  My hair feels thicker again.  My hair color lasts with a low sulfate shampoo from my hairdresser,  I was sad to give it up, but I love my hair more now.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use WEN, I never used WEN and never plan to use WEN.    However without it I had some hair loss and I found out my thryoid was low.  (family heredity I guess).  In any case I am on some medicine, no more hair loss and I am good to go. 

Check out the cause possibilities with your doctor, if there is NO medical reason for the loss, then it probably is WEN and find something else to use. I doubt you will miss it over the long run. 

I do believe if it is WEN someone ought to own up to it and fix it.  

Respected Contributor

How long were you using Wen before you notice hair loss?  If you think your loss is because of Wen, then why have you not stopped using it?

Trusted Contributor

Seven strands of hair is not a chunk, unless they're the last seven strands on your head.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

It's normal to lose about 100 hairs a day. Also if your hair is long, it looks like a lot more hair than it is because the length really adds volume to the pile. Having said that, if you think Wen is causing you hair loss, then stop using it. 

In my case, I used to literally have breakage just running my fingers through my hair. You could see hair all over the back of the couch where I normally sat. This was back when I was using shampoo. Now when I run fingers through my hair I rarely get any hairs and no breakage. My hair is medium texture and wavy. Even when I used shampoo and had all that breakage my hair never looked thin, because I do have a lot of hair. 

Now I wear my hair up a lot, usually all day long. I cleanse with Wen twice a week and most of my normal hair shed is noticed in the shower. I think it's because I wear my hair up so it's caught up there until I comb just before showering. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@MommaNJ629 wrote:

Yes, yes, yes.  I used Wen for 8 years and decided to change shampoos and guess what?  No more hair loss.  I thought it was menopause or just age.  My hair feels thicker again.  My hair color lasts with a low sulfate shampoo from my hairdresser,  I was sad to give it up, but I love my hair more now.

How long did it take to feel thicker when you went back to shampoo? Because hair grows about 1/2 an inch a month and it takes literally a year or two for hair to grow enough for it to actually be thicker. Unless you have a pixie cut. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I don't use WEN, I never used WEN and never plan to use WEN.    However without it I had some hair loss and I found out my thryoid was low.  (family heredity I guess).  In any case I am on some medicine, no more hair loss and I am good to go. 

Check out the cause possibilities with your doctor, if there is NO medical reason for the loss, then it probably is WEN and find something else to use. I doubt you will miss it over the long run. 

I do believe if it is WEN someone ought to own up to it and fix it.  

That is true, my mom and my BFF both have hair loss due to medical reasons. One of them is hypothyroid. 

Super Contributor

My hair sounds similar to yours. I used the orange blossom this spring for the first time and loved it. My hair starting falling out much more than usual shortly after. My husband even commented on it. I was scheduled for my yearly thyroid labs during this time and they all came out normal. I stopped using the shampoo and my hair returned to normal within a few weeks. If I didn't have such thick hair, it would have been scary as so much came out. My hairdresser didn't have to thin my hair out this last cut. I think that QVC really needs to look into the safety of this product. It did make my hair feel soft so it's a shame. 

Contributor

I have very thick hair that is wavy/curly, and I've always lost lots of hair in washing and almost always have stray hairs on my shoulders and back. I use all types of Wen and have for years.  As long as I have a ton of hair on my head, I don't worry about it.  I've found if I give it a good brushing before I wash, it helps.