WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Wenners!

I had Wen Hands when I put in my leave-in this morning.  I usually do 3 soft pumps from a low 12 or 16 ounce bottle I keep in the shower.  This morning, I used the same number of pumps from a 32 ounce bottle.

My result were nicely defined, bungee curls.  The downside is that they feel somewhat gummy or tacky.  Any suggestions on getting rid of that but still keeping the curl definition?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

@HonnyBrown Not a curly girl myself...but could it possibly be just humidity making your hair feel gummy? It's been horrible here, and my hair just doesn't feel the same as when the humidity is lower.

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Hi Wenners!

I had Wen Hands when I put in my leave-in this morning.  I usually do 3 soft pumps from a low 12 or 16 ounce bottle I keep in the shower.  This morning, I used the same number of pumps from a 32 ounce bottle.

My result were nicely defined, bungee curls.  The downside is that they feel somewhat gummy or tacky.  Any suggestions on getting rid of that but still keeping the curl definition?

@HonnyBrown

Hey, how are you?

If my math is correct it sounds as though you doubled the amount of CC. I'd try 2 soft pumps from the 32 oz bottle.

This is just totally considering the difference in size of the pumps / bottles.  What I know about curls could dance on the head of a pin.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@HonnyBrown, too much moisture can make hair feel gummy/mushy. Mixing a little 613 with your leave in might help.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

Hi Wenners!

@HonnyBrown

Hey, how are you?

If my math is correct it sounds as though you doubled the amount of CC. I'd try 2 soft pumps from the 32 oz bottle.

This is just totally considering the difference in size of the pumps / bottles.  What I know about curls could dance on the head of a pin.

Best wishes.

Drythe!!!!  BIG HUGS!!!!  How are you doing?

That's it exactly  I used too much leave-in, and got the desired results with gummy hair.  Any ideas how to get rid of the gummy and keep the bungee?

Esteemed Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@HonnyBrown Not a curly girl myself...but could it possibly be just humidity making your hair feel gummy? It's been horrible here, and my hair just doesn't feel the same as when the humidity is lower.

Hi vermint,

High humidity gives me frizz, but I use silicones to fight the humidity.  The gumminess was from too much leave-in.

Esteemed Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

@HonnyBrown, too much moisture can make hair feel gummy/mushy. Mixing a little 613 with your leave in might help.

Hi sailor!  I'm embarrassed to admit, I've overmoisturized my hair before.  The difference this time is that my curls still have structure, so they aren't mushy.

Frequent Contributor

@Drythe I know this wasn't the point of your post but your "could dance on the head of a pin" comment made me chuckle. I've never heard that before! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@sailor_moon wrote:

Hi sailor!  I'm embarrassed to admit, I've overmoisturized my hair before.  The difference this time is that my curls still have structure, so they aren't mushy.

Hello back atcha, HB. So, your hair looks good but it doesn't feel good?

I hate when that happens. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

I have chin length wavy/curly hair when I let it air dry. I normally use 1 pump of leave in from the 16 oz. size and 1 pump of styling creme. Today, I used 2 pumps of glossing serum mixed with my leave in and 2 pumps of glossing serum mixed with my styling creme. I got nice curl definition, and my hair was soft and shiny. I like the mousse also, but sometimes I don't like the texture it gives my hair. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!