WEN

Frequent Contributor

This was my 2nd year ordering the gallons. This year my gallon didn't last nearly as long.

My first year I could wash my hair in 2 pumps. This current gallon is taking me 3 1/2 pumps. My hair length is the same. Did anyone else notice this type of difference? Did they change the pump or the formula?

Honored Contributor

Hi @noonedelights

This is my second year ordering the gallons too. Can't wait!

I haven't experienced what you are talking about. And all my gallons are the same size with the same size pump from what I can tell.

But I always go by "golf ball" servings and not the pumps. Chaz says to use one golf ball amount for short hair, two golf ball amounts for shoulder length (one on top and one midway), and three for very long hair.

Hope someone else can help you, as what you are experiencing seems really strange.

Honored Contributor

Did you use more pumps or did the gallon actually get used up faster or both? 

If the pump changed or was defective, you could be using more PUMPS, but not using more product. Did you make note of how many days or weeks each gallon lasted? That's the information you need to tell you if the gallon is being used more quickly, not the number of pumps.

I have supplemental seasonals, so I only buy gallons every other year and use the gallon bottle only to refill the 32-oz bottles I keep in my shower. I have no idea how much comes out in each pump.