WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Funny, just read a review deciding on SCLV Styling Creme & Mousse Kit

It says,

greasy!

" no fragrance and left hair greasy feeling in spite of thorough rinse..will use to shave my legs "Woman LOL

Given, they left one star for this product! Do you think, she washed her hair with it? The text suggests - possibly so.

I am thinking of maybe getting this set, and was reading product reviews, thought this one was a funny one.

By-the-way, does any one here bought/used this product? Would you recommend? Highly recommend or so-so?
Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Funny, just read a review deciding on SCLV Styling Creme & Mousse Kit

Hi Sonechko,

I haven't tried the mousse but I am using the styling cream.  I have been using it mixed with a couple of drops of the SCLV oil.  I really like it.  

I never had luck with the styling creams until I started applying them to soaking wet hair and adding the oil.  I actually like the Wen styling cream better than the devacurl that I previously used and that says a lot.  

The Wen does better for addressing frizz in this humidity.  It never appears heavy or greasy.  I do have curly hair but my hair is very fine so I can't use anything too heavy.  I also add a little bit to dry hair before I pull my hair up at bedtime.  It gives my hair more shine and reduces any frizz that may have developed.  And the smell, I love it.  As far as performance, all the Wen styling creams seem equal to me.  I also have a FTP and a Fig that I got last year.  I am alternating them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

It says,

greasy!

" no fragrance and left hair greasy feeling in spite of thorough rinse..will use to shave my legs "Woman LOL

Given, they left one star for this product! Do you think, she washed her hair with it? The text suggests - possibly so.

I am thinking of maybe getting this set, and was reading product reviews, thought this one was a funny one.

By-the-way, does any one here bought/used this product? Would you recommend? Highly recommend or so-so?
Thanks!

Or she felt that it was greasy when she put it in her hair and tried to rinse it out. Sometimes people write a review for similar products on the wrong item. Could be anything.

I didn't buy this because none of the WEN styling products have really worked for my hair. The styling cream is light and gives me volume, but I don't want volume, I want curl definition and frizz-control. The styling cream feels - and looks- like I didn't use any styling products. It definitely did not feel greasy. The mousse leaves my hair glossier than the styling cream and does provide more hold and curl definition, but it's just not strong enough, even if I use handfuls of the stuff. I LOVE my WEN, but I have better luck with non-WEN styling products.

Regular Contributor

I used both products together for the first time on Saturday and my hair is still so soft and shiny today.   I normally just use styling cream,  so I'm pretty sure it was the mousse that gave me the shine.

Super Contributor

sclv in my opinion is a light formula.  I felt it rinsed out easily.  Left my hair moisturized but not greasy at all.  I love the scent in the shower--refreshing and really nice.  I have not tried the styling products yet but I think the styling creams are pretty much all the same.  I just ordered the shp mousse from chazs site with the 25% off.  This will be my first wen mousse purchase.  I hope I like it.  Mousse reminds me of the 80's but wen mousse looks different.  Hope it gives me a little more body.  If anything, i Know it  will smell good! People who say wen makes the hair greasy probably dont use it correctly.  I thought the same thing when I started using it.  I didnt use enough product and didnt rinse well enough.  And the second cleanse does matter.  It takes a while to get it i think.  So glad I stuck with it...Wen is one of the bright spots of my day.  I enjoy the scent and the whole process so much.  Love my long silky wen hair too!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah, Wen Mousse is great, really. I am finding myself using it more and more, when before I thought of it as a product I need only when setting/blow drying my hair. I almost always use mousse along with leave-in and SC these days.

There is a bit of a learning curve to get it in the right time and right amount for one's hair needs.

Because of how my hair is, I am looking for a lighter weight mousse among Wen scents. BGT is the best so far for me in the lightness.

I have other mousses - MIF, WWC, Lilac. Want to get 613 some day - Bebe says it is the best for her hair. I do use Wen Oils as overnight treatment about twice a week, but unfortunately, can't add oil to my hair when it is dry, or to the SC.

I do have light, mostly straight  hair, which does not get freeze, but needs more body, of course.

The SCLV is the best oil I've tried, but I did not try SHP and many others. SHP Oil is coming from that ebay set!

I am very curious about this SCLV SC & Mousse set, because I love this scent CC, Oil and Replenishing Mist. It will be going away with the summer's end, and next year, who knows? It may be some other new Summer scent brought in with ancillary products to accompany it.

So, I was looking forward to hear from girls who have this product, and what their experience with it may be. Woman Happy

Super Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

It says,

greasy!

Thanks!

I actually thought the reviewer may have even been talking about the CC instead of the SC and Mousse.

I use the SC and the Mousse and love both! I ordered 2 sets of the CLV SC and Mousse and glad that I did. I use both on soaking wet hair. I usually use the Pomegrante SC and Mousse and add the Pom glossing serum. With the seasonal SCs, I haven't added the glossing serum.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Fhpint! So, it was good enough for you to order two sets? What kind of hair do you have and how does these two SCLV products application adds to your liking your hair even more?

Thanks! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I have the SC (got CLV & SHP from Chaz, 20% off) but not the mousse. I like the CLV SC a lot & the SHP too. I think you will too sonechko (you know I'm an enabler Smiley Wink)

I can't tell a lot of difference in the SCs but I think CLV is a little lighter than the others, & SHP well it's SHP!!! Do I need to say more LOL? Of course its awesome Heart

I'm looking forward to trying the SHP mousse, then I'll decide if I want to go for the CLV. I sorta wish I'd waited & got the DUO, but at the time I didn't want the mousse. O well there's still time to get it if I want it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, Qn! I got it. Both Mousse & SC, plus 4 oz SCLV Oil. Can't even tell you, how much I love this oil from the 3 piece set I have. Yeah, there is still time to get them, of course, but will the products be there still?