WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dyson hair dryer

[ Edited ]

I hate to sound to some, like I refer to Chaz Dean too much. But I do, when it comes to anything that concerns hair Cat Happy  I never heard him recommend any specific hair dryer, except he often stresses improtance of using a nozzle to prevent hair from heat damage.  I do know - Chaz uses Supersolano in his salon.

My hair dryer still works fine, but if and when it will fail me, I am going to buy a Supersolano hairdryer.  I figure, if Chaz chose this brand, so will I!

What do I know about the hair or hairdryers? Not much. This is exactly why, I'll just copy-cat Chaz, and will make it easier on my little brain. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I also received an email notification on the dyson dryer.  I doubt I would ever spend $400 on it though even though I swear by ALL my dyson products.   I already purchased a supersolano which I have only used once just to test out.  The time was right for me to order it so I did but truth is now that my hair is long I just air dry.  If I ever cut my hair again, it will be ready to go.  I must say it did dry my hair very fast.

Super Contributor

My Cousin recently posted a picture of her baby son with it on Facebook, I was suprised she'd purchased it! We have the same hair type, wavy/curly/thick-coarse somewhat frizzy hair, so I'm interested in how it works, but can't imagine spending that much on one! I'm still working up the guts to buy an expensive flat iron!!!

I'm sure there are tools out there that are worth the extra money, and even now that my hair's shorter it takes forever to dry and I've love to have a dryer that cuts the time in half and protects my hair, but I still can't imagine spending so much.  If I had more money, I am pretty darned sure I would feel a lot different and wouldn't turn down a hand-me-down if it was amazing!!! I bet there will be dupes and it'll go down in price eventually.  It is very cool-looking!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I dont think a vaccum company knows enough about hair tools to even charge $400. This would make it one of the most expensive blow dryers on the market and I wouldnt readily give that much money to a company that hasnt been doing long enough to be considered a leader in the market.

Even the company that does nothing but blowouts charges only $200. Now, thats a shame that I have to say "only" for a $200 blowdryer but thats how out of whack Dyson's pricing is. I wonder if they just felt people would recognize the brand and go for it. I really dont care for companies that charge outrageous prices, just because they can.

Just plain old GREED!

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nikki48 wrote:

Personally, I dont think a vaccum company knows enough about hair tools to even charge $400. This would make it one of the most expensive blow dryers on the market and I wouldnt readily give that much money to a company that hasnt been doing long enough to be considered a leader in the market.

Even the company that does nothing but blowouts charges only $200. Now, thats a shame that I have to say "only" for a $200 blowdryer but thats how out of whack Dyson's pricing is. I wonder if they just felt people would recognize the brand and go for it. I really dont care for companies that charge outrageous prices, just because they can.

Just plain old GREED!

You should read the CNN Money story about how it has taken 4 years and over 100 people working on this.

Bed Bath & Beyond has this and when I called and found a store near me, they flat out told me, no coupons. Wish Those Shows that have the 50% off would have this product.

I don't care! I want this hair dryer! My hair is such a pain as it is not straight...so I figure, I'M WORTH IT!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/15/technology/hair-dyson-review-hairdryer/index.html

Esteemed Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

Just plain old GREED!

You should read the CNN Money story about how it has taken 4 years and over 100 people working on this.

Bed Bath & Beyond has this and when I called and found a store near me, they flat out told me, no coupons. Wish Those Shows that have the 50% off would have this product.

I don't care! I want this hair dryer! My hair is such a pain as it is not straight...so I figure, I'M WORTH IT!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/15/technology/hair-dyson-review-hairdryer/index.htm

@CalMom. Last night I was in Bed bath and Beyond and was thrilled when I saw the Dyson on display,  I ran to it but was disappointed it wasn't working.  The dryer is extremely light.  I purchased the Supersolano last year and only used it once since I haven't been blowdrying my hair.  If I hadn't this would certainly have been a consideration.  My DH was like $400??? I said yeah , it's a TOOL,

Respected Contributor

So I just bit the bullet and ordered this hair dryer since its on 6 easy pays and free s&h. If it really helps in keeping my hair healthy (which is why I am a WEN girl) then its worth it to me as I do diffuse my hair 5-6 days/wk. I have the Supersolano Chaz uses (fairly inexpensive) and a GHD ($250). I like the GHD much better, never p/u my Supersolano to use. I figure I have until Jan. 31st to decide. Thats 2 mo's to try the Dyson in which I will be able to know whether it's better then my GHD or not. If not, back it goes!!

Valued Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

So I just bit the bullet and ordered this hair dryer since its on 6 easy pays and free s&h. If it really helps in keeping my hair healthy (which is why I am a WEN girl) then its worth it to me as I do diffuse my hair 5-6 days/wk. I have the Supersolano Chaz uses (fairly inexpensive) and a GHD ($250). I like the GHD much better, never p/u my Supersolano to use. I figure I have until Jan. 31st to decide. Thats 2 mo's to try the Dyson in which I will be able to know whether it's better then my GHD or not. If not, back it goes!!

@AmericanBulldogMom Good thinking with the return policy! Please let us know what you think of it. 

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

I am sure it is good, but my air dry/velcro curlers are basically free....my hair  $ could go towards more Wen....(but I am sure if you spend alot of time blow drying the video looked like it would really cut the time down, enjoy those who get it...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom Good thinking with the return policy! Please let us know what you think of it. 

@Suz585 I definitely will! It's on advance order to ship Nov 28th.