WEN

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP  I was wondering because I have had some scalp itching, I never thought about the honey, i have been using more seasonal (and I mix a lot) .,

itching is back some.. I think I will try only the WCM and see if it goes away..

i also have really dry scalp, (better with Wen tho) so it could just be me..Smiley Happy

thanks 

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP  @quadmimi

Camille, I had exactly the same experience with the scent of WRC.  No idea what currents smell like but love the rose & green scent.  Performance is excellent for me.  

Quadi,  I have medication induced itchy scalp which is significantly helped by TT.  For that reason & the increased growth rate I get from it, I always start with TT as first cleanse and follow with one of the 'honeys'.  Just a thought.

Happy  Wenning ladies!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@KweenBIt can be disappointing when we realize we don't like the fragrance of a new CC - I initially hated the smell of FVWP, but loved the performance so much I kept using it and eventually the scent grew on me - I even bought a gallon of it!  I do love everything about the WRC, but maybe you will like Chaz's new Cherry Blossom CC , coming out in the spring.  I know I am looking forward to that and hope I am not disappointed in the scent or the performance.

Super Contributor

Interesting if you think it's the honey making you itch.  I occasionally itch too but change it up so much it never lasts long and I haven't pinned down which formula is bothering me.  I love the performances of anything with honey in it.  Hope it's not that.  Glad you posted this subject.  I'm going to play around a little.  Seems like anything with mint in it is what my scalp likes best.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed

[ Edited ]

@cac140

You might test to see if it's the honey by using it as your 2nd cleanse and putting it all the way on hair shaft, work it in well, but avoid your scalp.

Alternating unsung it this way helps me as I have oily, itchy scalp, and dry hair - go figure.

Your mention of the mint made me think of this as my scalp likes it too.

Happy WENNING!

*edited for spelling dang air pad

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

@Drythe-I also have a moderately oily scalp and dry hair. I use TT with LAV or SAM on my scalp, and seasonals on the rest of my hair. Glad to see someone else with the same situation and solution (although sorry for you, because it's kind of a pain!).

Regular Contributor

@KweenB wrote:
Am I the only person disappointed with the last 2 new seasonals?

With the Red Currant, I expected yo smell some fruity tartness. With the Vanilla Pumpkin, I expected to at least be able to smell pumpkin, but I couldn't smell that at all, and not much of the vanilla either. I felt like they both smelled "perfumy." Even a bit like a floral in them.

You are not the only person disappointed.  I don't like the white pumpkin at all but I do really like the the red currant  and what it does for me my hair.  The white pumpkin smells nothing like pumpkin and the smell disagrees with me so much I can't use it.  I will order the red currant again.

Honored Contributor

@k9mama

It is a PITA isn't it?

Nice to meet you, never known anyone else with this combo!

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@CamilleP  @quadmimi

Camille, I had exactly the same experience with the scent of WRC.  No idea what currents smell like but love the rose & green scent.  Performance is excellent for me.  

Quadi,  I have medication induced itchy scalp which is significantly helped by TT.  For that reason & the increased growth rate I get from it, I always start with TT as first cleanse and follow with one of the 'honeys'.  Just a thought.

Happy  Wenning ladies!

@Drythe  Oh thanks for the info..my scalp can be a "challenge", I don't take any med's but the TT is a good idea...Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
Yes TT and BGT are both really good scalp cleanses.
And CA but that is actually the only classic I don't have right now!