WEN

Super Contributor
Am I the only person disappointed with the last 2 new seasonals?

With the Red Currant, I expected yo smell some fruity tartness. With the Vanilla Pumpkin, I expected to at least be able to smell pumpkin, but I couldn't smell that at all, and not much of the vanilla either. I felt like they both smelled "perfumy." Even a bit like a floral in them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disappointed

[ Edited ]

It is odd for me to read your statement @KweenB.

The last 2 seasonals have been perfect for my hair. More shine, control and hold than any other.

They also are my favorite scents ever - they have been made for those of us who love light, natural scents.  They have been a joy for me. I bought all the accesories to go with them which is something I never do.

eta

I absolutely love Mandarin Fig also.  

That being said I have a hugh stash of many seasonls and cores and switch up because that's what my hair likes.

Respected Contributor

Two of my favorite also...Performance amazing, I am a mixer so I never have to be disappointed in a scent, I just "change" it a bit if I want too...Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

In answer to your opening question,

I'd say people with unrealistic expectations are frequently disappointed @KweenB.

For FVWP, think vanilla beannot vanilla extract; pumpkin seed, not pumpkin pulp.

For WRC, think tart current tempered with crushed geranium and bergamot.

Would you feel better if Chaz had released the same two formulas in the same two fragrances, but labeled them Wen September 2016 and Wen December 2016 instead?

Would you be not disappointed then?

Esteemed Contributor

FVWP has soared to the top of my favorites list which is saying a lot and I have a feeling I'm really going to like red currant as well.  The performance I received from FVWP is unbelievable, so much so I could probably use it all year round.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KweenB - Instead of thinking fragrance only (as to what a CC smells like) think performance! I used to get really hung up in the scent of a CC instead of focusing on the performance of the CC. I have found most seasonals work for me and if they don't I mix with something that performs better.

I have only returned one CC and that scent was just way too strong for me and it did not perform well enough for me to use it - I did try mixing with another scent and it did not help.

Respected Contributor

Everyone percieves scent differently, so I am only "disappointed" when the performance isn't right for my hair.  FVWP was too moisturizing and conditioning for my fine hair, and I admit, I did not like the fragrance, the sandalwood dominated to me, and it was strong and sharp and unpleasant to my sense of smell.  However, I am IN LOVE with WRC, since I didn't know what currants were supposed to smell like I had no pre-conceptions, and waited for reviews to even guess at what the scent was, and some users mentioned smelling roses, so I was excited.  When I finally got my bottle, to me, the scent of roses totally dominated the mix, so I love the scent, and the performance is better than any of the other seasonals containing honey, it's the only one with the honey complex that I think I could use regularly and not have an itchy scalp, and I know I won't tire of the scent.  I plan to order a couple of 32 ounce bottles when they come back in stock, so I can have it for summer, since roses are the scent of summer in my mind.  I am sorry you are disappointed in the new seasonals, but surely there are many other WEN formulas you love that you can choose from to keep your WEN tresses soft and beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed

[ Edited ]

My primary focus is on how it makes my hair look - full, shiny, bouncy, volumized.  The scent is a great added bonus.  Not to say there is one scent I can not use even if it gifted me with the hair of a goddess!

Checking mirror - nope, no disappointment here.

Thank you Chaz!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Everyone percieves scent differently, so I am only "disappointed" when the performance isn't right for my hair.  FVWP was too moisturizing and conditioning for my fine hair, and I admit, I did not like the fragrance, the sandalwood dominated to me, and it was strong and sharp and unpleasant to my sense of smell.  However, I am IN LOVE with WRC, since I didn't know what currants were supposed to smell like I had no pre-conceptions, and waited for reviews to even guess at what the scent was, and some users mentioned smelling roses, so I was excited.  When I finally got my bottle, to me, the scent of roses totally dominated the mix, so I love the scent, and the performance is better than any of the other seasonals containing honey, it's the only one with the honey complex that I think I could use regularly and not have an itchy scalp, and I know I won't tire of the scent.  I plan to order a couple of 32 ounce bottles when they come back in stock, so I can have it for summer, since roses are the scent of summer in my mind.  I am sorry you are disappointed in the new seasonals, but surely there are many other WEN formulas you love that you can choose from to keep your WEN tresses soft and beautiful.

@CamilleP  I was wondering, do you think the honey complex is giving you the itchy scalp?  I use Wen kids alot on my scalp, but never thought about the honey causing the itching?....thx

Respected Contributor

Quadmimi, I don't know for sure, but I know that most of the seasonals with honey in them make me itch, while all of the older, original versions, FGP, WVM, SGGT and SMC, FAS, WCM and SOB, do not.  I love SHP so much I use it once in a while, but I've vowed I won't let myself buy more of it.  Given that WRC doesn't seem to make me itch, though, I can't say for sure it's the honey.  If I could use nothing but WRC for a week, I might start itching, I don't know, but since I only have one 16 ounce bottle right now, I'm trying to resist the experiment.  I'm kind of hoping that using it sparingly will let me not develop a sensitivity to it, but only time will tell, I suspect.