WEN

Contributor

Change Tea Tree scent? or TT mixing

I am having a really hard time with the tea tree CC scent.  Has anyone ever added in any of the WEN oils to a CC to help make a scent more bearable?  Or will this totally alter the CC performance?

Otherwise, I guess I will just have to find another CC to mix with it that is compatable in scent.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Change Tea Tree scent? or TT mixing

TT is the black of Wen. It goes with everything in small doses.

It mixes well with SAM, LAV, CA, FIG, BGT, AND GREEN LABEL SEASONALS

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I use TT every time I wash my hair, because until Wen, I always had a problem with my scalp breaking out.  I mix TT with SAM and Lavender to make my own special cc.  Find what other cc works for you and just add a small amount (maybe one or two pumps) of TT and see if that makes a difference for you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

When I was new to Wen I used TT as a first cleanse, then LAV or a seasonal for my 2nd cleanse and leave in. Now I can use TT all the way and don't mind it. I still prefer seasonal scents over cores.
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

TT is the black of Wen. It goes with everything in small doses.

It mixes well with SAM, LAV, CA, FIG, BGT, AND GREEN LABEL SEASONALS

@gemslily@VaBelle35 gave you great suggestions. -- In particular, for me, Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and Spring Gardenia Green Tea (SGGT) have softened the TT scent.

Also, several people have mentioned that mixing the TT and POM OILS (not CCs) together helped to cancel out the less pleasant scents of each (lol, though I love the POM oil scent). -- So maybe POM CC would also work well with the TT CC. I think it would probably work (I've tried all of the various Wen CCs).

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@gemslily If you add enough oil to change the scent, I'm thinking you'd end up with very oily hair! Try mixing it with other CC's instead....though you are still going to smell that Tea Tree scent at least a little bit.

Don't know how long you've been using it, but I found I didn't really mind the scent after awhile and--at least for me--it doesn't linger once my hair is dry.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the TeaTree fragrance, but have blended it with BGT, 613, and/or WRC.

They're all fresh, clean scents so I think blend better than with florals, sweets, or foodie smells.
Just one pump of 613 per a 'golfball' of TeaTree will enhance performance while softening TT fragrance for me.

Agree w @vermint. I'll add oil to the leave-in, but not to the cleanse.
Valued Contributor

I cannot use tea tree either....very overwhelming in scent. Just use another oil...they all are benefical. 

Respected Contributor

@gemslily   I agree with all of the other posters.  Tea tree takes a bit of time to get used to but it is one of the best Wen core formulas to use on a regular basis.  I always have some TT cc and TT oil on handd.  

Trusted Contributor

You can always just use TT to cleanse your scalp and then another favorite or two to cleanse shaft and ends.