WEN

Honored Contributor

CHECK OUT "NEW" HAIR CARE FINDS ON THE Q

Hello fellow Wenners!

If you go up and click on the large red Q at the logo, then scroll down a bit, you will see a box which says 'explore these new hair care finds' or something similar.  Click on it.

It is very interesting - see WHO IS THERE, AND WHO IS NOT.

Could not be MORE obvious.

Makes me angry and sad.

Wonder just how much money our very talented magician has pulled in for them over the years?

Sign me disgusted.  Especially knowing that one of the listed was cited for using a known carcinogen.  Were there consequences?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: CHECK OUT "NEW" HAIR CARE FINDS ON THE Q

That page is for new hair care brands and products. WEN isn't a new brand to the Q and the newest WEN products are skincare and fragrances, not hair care items, so they wouldn't belong there anyway. WEN had a lot of new sets and items released in December, but there are no new WEN items this month.

WEN took a big hit from the lawsuit and the publicity and QVC's a business that has to react to that. We'll have to see where it goes from here.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe,  I am more concerned about that particular brand being on Logical Harmony's cruelty free list. 

Logical Harmony is against the use of lanolin, and guess who uses lanolin, so how did he get on their cruelty free list?

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

That page is for new hair care brands and products. WEN isn't a new brand to the Q and the newest WEN products are skincare and fragrances, not hair care items, so they wouldn't belong there anyway. WEN had a lot of new sets and items released in December, but there are no new WEN items this month.

WEN took a big hit from the lawsuit and the publicity and QVC's a business that has to react to that. We'll have to see where it goes from here.

@ChynnaBlue

I think you missed my point.

To your first point, WEN Light treatment spray is new.

To your other point, Nick is also not a new vendor to the Q.

Not wanting to, or going to fuss, just stating the facts, and inequities as I see them.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sailor_moon wrote:

@Drythe,  I am more concerned about that particular brand being on Logical Harmony's cruelty free list. 

Logical Harmony is against the use of lanolin, and guess who uses lanolin, so how did he get on their cruelty free list?

@sailor_moon

I asked the same queston.  He's NOT on leaping bunny, or PETA.

No answer was forthcoming.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@sailor_moon wrote:

@sailor_moon

I asked the same queston.  He's NOT on leaping bunny, or PETA.

No answer was forth coming.

@Drythe, I couldn't find him on leaping bunny or PETA, either; imo he shouldn't even be on Logical Harmony because some of his products contain lanolin.

Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon

One  green planet has some interesting comments on lanolin (wax) and how it is harvested.  You should read.

As to your other point ITA, but there doesn't seem to be any interested in the vality or lack of it.

Super Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I think a lot of us are pretty anxious right now and it can be difficult to see other products being pushed when a favorite isn't. Many would probably say they've felt the same way I imagine, but that doesn't make it any easier, does it.

On the Logical Harmony topic @sailor_moon @Drythe, did you email the woman that runs it. I haven't been on her site in awhile, so I can't remember her parameters for getting on the good list. I'm not going to read the lanolin bit. I'm having a hard enough time afer seeing the clip from the filming of the dog movie. I'm glad I didn't want to see it, although originally it was because I figured I'd blubber through the whole thing **she types as she shoves her dog's head out of the way of the keyboard** Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I think a lot of us are pretty anxious right now and it can be difficult to see other products being pushed when a favorite isn't. Many would probably say they've felt the same way I imagine, but that doesn't make it any easier, does it.

On the Logical Harmony topic @sailor_moon @Drythe, did you email the woman that runs it. I haven't been on her site in awhile, so I can't remember her parameters for getting on the good list. I'm not going to read the lanolin bit. I'm having a hard enough time afer seeing the clip from the filming of the dog movie. I'm glad I didn't want to see it, although originally it was because I figured I'd blubber through the whole thing **she types as she shoves her dog's head out of the way of the keyboard** Smiley Very Happy

@RipleyGirl, her parameters are confusing. Her definition of cruelty free means no animal testing, but the ingredients, used by a company, don't have to be cruelty free.

So basically, a company can make her list, even if they use an ingredient that's not cruelty free, as long as their finished product(s) is not tested on animals.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sailor_moon wrote:

@RipleyGirl wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@RipleyGirl, her parameters are confusing. Her definition of cruelty free means no animal testing, but the ingredients, used by a company, don't have to be cruelty free.

So basically, a company can make her list, even if they use an ingredient that's not cruelty free, as long as their finished product(s) is not tested on animals.

@RipleyGirl

Heads Up This is is a long post, but it is both factual and heart felt.

Logical Harmony only speaks to horizontal certifications, meaning no Cruelty testing was done across the company, or in house, which you probably know. So there can be any ingredient no matter how cruel or how much in the product deck as long as it was NOT made or tested IN the company. Whatever is bought from outside the actual plant (in this case the salon) gets a free pass. ~ As an animal lover, this type of Cruelty Free Certification means nothing to me, zip, nada, I think it a disgrace to say a product is Cruelty Free when it can actually contain anything tested on animals as long as it was not made, or added in the owner of the products 'plant'.

Leaping Bunny & PETA test products vertically, meaning nothing contained, used IN the product can have been tested on animals NO MATTER where, or who the product came from, or where it was put it in.  That means ALL ingredients bought from outside the company & EVERY ingredient in the bottle is researched and must be, MUST be Cruelty Free. ~ As Animal lover this is what I want to know.  When I use a product I want to know it is absolutely, totally, 100% Cruelty Free!  Gaining this level of Certification is a long, costly process, but some owners believe in being truly Cruelty Free and for them it's worth it.  Thank Goodness for them.

*note: I do not agree with everything PETA, does, or espouses.  However, in the matter of standards for Cruelty Free Certification I think they are spot on.