WEN

Honored Contributor

This is great information to have during the Wen shows! -- bebe

Honored Contributor

Especially for people who are new to Wen, this is a great thread about the Wen oils.

-- bebe Smile

Respected Contributor
Here is some info I googled about the ingredients in the spring orange blossom oil. Orange flower extract: skin conditioning agent Grapefruit: stimulates collagen production, brings smoothness, firmness, and elasticity to the skin, promotes hair growth, assists with acne, smooths wrinkles and age spots, shields against uv rays, and strengthens hair follicles. Meyer lemon: stimulates healthy cell production Passion fruit flower extract: can inhibit cancer cell growth and promotes relaxation Orange peel oil: helps skin tone, tightens skin, and repels mosquitoes. Lemongrass leaf oil: adds shine to hair, combats acne, calming, insect repellent. I love the fact that it seems like Chaz really thinks about the benefits of the ingredients he puts in his products. Hope this helps! Happy Wenning!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/16/2014 Hilary77 said: Here is some info I googled about the ingredients in the spring orange blossom oil. Orange flower extract: skin conditioning agent Grapefruit: stimulates collagen production, brings smoothness, firmness, and elasticity to the skin, promotes hair growth, assists with acne, smooths wrinkles and age spots, shields against uv rays, and strengthens hair follicles. Meyer lemon: stimulates healthy cell production Passion fruit flower extract: can inhibit cancer cell growth and promotes relaxation Orange peel oil: helps skin tone, tightens skin, and repels mosquitoes. Lemongrass leaf oil: adds shine to hair, combats acne, calming, insect repellent. I love the fact that it seems like Chaz really thinks about the benefits of the ingredients he puts in his products. Hope this helps! Happy Wenning!
Thanks Hillary for taking the time to gather this information. Just read it to my husband who has just started using TT even though he's not fond of the scent. This is a good alternative and should be good for purchasing more than a few bottles. Lol
Valued Contributor
Thank you hilary77! Can't wait til mine arrives. Did an overnight treatment Fri and Sat. Still haven't cleansed last nights out. Later today....maybe after Chaz and Piggy, lol.
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2013 Hilary77 said:

I recently got the idea to research some of the oils on the Internet. I am not an expert, but here is what I found. I just googled each oil and took some notes about what was interesting. I wanted to share with everyone.

Sweet Almond Peppermint Oil-Peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates. Sweet almond oil-helps eczema, prevents hair loss, adds shine and strength. May Chang Fruit Oil-treats acne, helps eczema, and can be used as an insect repellant. Jasmine oil-tames frizz, adds shine, protects from heat, helps dry scalp

Pomegranate Rosemary Oil- revitalizes dull, dry hair, provides elasticity to skin, helps with wrinkles, helps eczema and psoriasis, helps collagen production. Rosemary oil- promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair-good for grays. Grapefruit Peel oil-promotes hair growth, treats dandruff, adds shine, regulates oil.

Tea Tree Eucalyptus Oil- Tea tree oil-removes build-up on the hair shaft from minerals in water, normalizes oily and dry hair, helps unclog blocked hair follicles, increases circulation to hair follicles, removes dead skin cells that inhibit hair growth, helps with dandruff, repels lice. rosemary oil-promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair. peppermint oil-hydrates, stimulates hair follicles. eucalyptus oil-controls dandruff, helps dry scalp, mild psoriasis, adds shine, promotes elasticity.

Cucumber Thyme Oil -thyme oil-promotes hair growth, luster, shine, and bounce. Mandarin Orange Peel oil-maintains moisture balance on skin. Bergamot oil-adds sheen, repairs damage, promotes hair growth, helps frizz, protects from heat, helps psoriasis.

Fig Sweet Orange Oil-balsam peru oil- helps dry skin and eczema. sweet orange oil-promotes production of collagen, soothes dry skin. cedarwood oil-helps acne and rashes, balances dry and oily hair and skin, regulates sebum, stimulates hair growth, reduces hair loss, controls dandruff. Ylang Ylang oil-thickens hair shaft, balances scalp oil production, helps split ends, helps eczema.

Lavender Mint Oil- lavender oil-repels lice, calming, promotes hair growth, reduces sebum. peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates.

This thread provides a lot of great information about the properties of the Wen Treatment Oils. It's really worthwhile to read through the entire thread. In addition to Hilary's initial post (above), some of the most interesting posts include #3, #8, #32, #39, #59 (on SMC), #60, #130 (on SOB) and #132. Enjoy!! -- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

_____

_____

MissKlynn's great post #3 from this thread...

--

Also will add directly quoted from Chaz's web site, all the new oils contain the following:

Abyssinian Oil: Derived from the seeds of the Abyssinian cabbage plant. It is known to moisturize, hydrate and condition.

Olive Fruit Oil: Derived from olives, high in fatty acids and antioxidants. Moisturizes, repairs and softens the hair or scalp.

Organic Argan Oil: Derived from the nuts of argan trees, it possesses a remarkable ability to nourish, moisturize, eliminate frizz and improve elasticity.The oil is high in lipids, including the omega-9 oleic acid and the omega-6 linoleic acid as well as vitamin E.

All of the oils, old and new have Jojoba Oil. I'm not one to quote from a website without reference, so here is a good website I found with info about Jojoba oil and how it breaks down buildup, and also good information about some of the other oils we see in the Wen oils.

http://blackhair101.com/hair-care/oils-explained-essential-oils-and-carrier-oils-for-hair

No wonder the Wen oils are my favorite Wen product! So many good things!

_____

_____

HBNY74's informative post on some of the treatment properties of the oils which is in post #8 of this thread...

--

I had saved this information from Chaz's website before he consolidated all oils on one page. It is the breakdown for the new oils. Given all the different oils he now uses (as opposed to only the jojoba oil, actually not an oil, but let not split hair..LOL), I understand why some say that the new oils are/feel heavier, especially with the addition of sesame oil, which is very viscous, compared to jojoba.

CUCUMBER THYME
*Jojoba oil:conditions,nourishes,hydrates hair/scalp,antibacterial,cleanses scalp,unclogs hair follicles
*Sesame oil:nourishes,strengthens,antibacterial,antifungal,reduces inflammation,reduces dandruff,promotes hair growth
*Olive oil:repairs,softens,hair/scalp
*Argan oil:nourishes,moisturizes,eliminates frizz,improves hair elasticity
*Abyssinian oil:moisturizes,hydrates hair/scalp
*Thyme oil:antiseptic,antimicrobial,invigorates scalp,promotes hair growth
*Cucumber fruit extract:hydrating,cooling,anti-inflammatory,healing,astringent,reduces oiliness,relieves itching,smoothes,softens skin/hair
*Mandarin orange peel oil:regulates oily skin
*Bergamot oil:combats oily scalp,relieves itching, effective against psoriasis
*Aloe Vera Juice:soothing,healing,moisturizing,antifungal,antibacterial

LAVENDER MINT
*Jojoba oil:conditions,nourishes,hydrates hair/scalp,antibacterial,cleanses scalp,unclogs hair follicles
*Sesame oil:nourishes,strengthens,antibacterial,antifungal,reduces inflammation,reduces dandruff,promotes hair growth
*Olive oil:repairs,softens hair/scalp
*Lavender oil:regenerative,regulates the scalp oil secretions,promotes hair growth,cleansing,soothing,antiseptic,helps with dandruff
*Argan oil:nourishes,moisturizes,eliminates frizzimproves hair elasticity
*Abyssinian oil:moisturizes,hydrates,hair/scalp
*Peppermint oilSmiley Tongueurifying,cooling,soothing,calming,cleansing,antibacterial

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY
*Sesame oil:nourishes,strengthens,antibacterial,antifungal,reduces inflammation,reduces dandruff,promotes hairgrowth
*Argan oil:nourishes,moisturizes,eliminates frizz,improves hair elasticity
*Pomegranate oil:antioxidant,astrigent,hydrating
*Rosemary leaf oil:antioxidant,stimulates hair growth,fights scalp problems
*Grapefuit peel oilSmiley Tongueromotes hair growth

FIG SWEET ORANGE
*Sesame oil:nourishes,strengthens,antibacterial,antifungal,reduces inflammation,reduces dandruff,promotes hairgrowth
*Argan oil:nourishes,moisturizes,eliminates frizz,improves elasticity
*Balsam peru oil:conditions,invigorates,strengthens scalp/hair
*Fig extract:rich,hydrating and moisturizing without weighing down the hair
*Sweet orange oil:anti-inflammatory,antiseptic,soothing,increases blood flow to the skin
*Cedarwood oil:stimulant,antiseptic,cleansing, helps with dandruff
*Ylang ylang oil:balances,tones,soothes,rejuvenates skin and hair

SWEET ALMOND PEPPERMINT
*Peppermint oilSmiley Tongueurifying,cooling,soothing,calming,cleansing,antibacterial
*Sweet almond oil:excellent emollient,treats very dry skin,antiseptic,healing,nourishes
*May Chang fruit oil:antifungal,antibacterial,helps with eczema
*Jasmine oil:soothing,antiseptic,tones dry or greasy skin/hair

TEA TREE EUCALYPTUS
*Abyssinian oil:moisturizes,hydrates,hair/scalp
*Tea tree oil:antibacterial,antiseptic,antifungal,relieves dandruff,unclogs hair follicles,promotes hair growth
*Rosemary leaf oil:antioxidant,stimulates hair growth,fights scalp problems
*Eucalyptus oil:astringent,reduces irritation,hydrates,antiseptic,antimicrobial,antifungal,cooling,soothing

_____

_____

My post of containing the complete ingredients listing for each of the core Treatment Oils (post #132)...

--

WEN TREATMENT OIL - INGREDIENTS

--

SWEET ALMOND PEPPERMINT TREATMENT OIL

Ingredients:Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco-
Caprylate/Caprate, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Essential Oil Blend,
Peppermint Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, May Chang Fruit Essential Oil,
Jasmine Oil, Tocopherol.

--

TEA TREE EUCALYPTUS TREATMENT OIL

Ingredients: Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco-
Caprylate/Caprate, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil,
Rosemary Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Tocopherol.

--

FIG SWEET ORANGE TREATMENT OIL

Balsam Peru Oil, Fig Extract, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Cedarwood
Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, Tocopherol.

--

LAVENDER MINT TREATMENT OIL

Caprylate/Caprate, Lavender Oil, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Peppermint
Oil, Tocopherol.

--

CUCUMBER THYME TREATMENT OIL

Thyme Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil,
Bergamot Fruit Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Tocopherol.

--

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY TREATMENT OIL

Pomegranate Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Tocopherol.

--

Note: Bamboo Green Tea, which is the latest addition to the Core Cleansing Conditioners, does not have a Wen Treatment Oil option yet.

--

Information provided by WEN®

_____

Honored Contributor

_____

WEN TREATMENT OIL - INGREDIENTS

--

SWEET ALMOND PEPPERMINT TREATMENT OIL

Peppermint Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, May Chang Fruit Essential Oil,
Jasmine Oil, Tocopherol.

--

TEA TREE EUCALYPTUS TREATMENT OIL

Caprylate/Caprate, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil,
Rosemary Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Tocopherol.

--

FIG SWEET ORANGE TREATMENT OIL

Balsam Peru Oil, Fig Extract, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Cedarwood
Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, Tocopherol.

--

LAVENDER MINT TREATMENT OIL

Caprylate/Caprate, Lavender Oil, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Peppermint
Oil, Tocopherol.

--

CUCUMBER THYME TREATMENT OIL

Thyme Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil,
Bergamot Fruit Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Tocopherol.

--

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY TREATMENT OIL

Pomegranate Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Tocopherol.

--

Note: Bamboo Green Tea, which is the latest addition to the Core Cleansing Conditioners, does not have a Wen Treatment Oil option yet.

--

Information provided by WEN®

_____

Respected Contributor
Thanks bebe777!!!! Great info. as usual. Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor
On 3/22/2014 Hilary77 said: Thanks bebe777!!!! Great info. as usual. Smiley Happy

Hilary, thank you for your kind words. I'm happy to add some information to your wonderful thread!!!

-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor

With everyone trying out their new Wen TSVs, there have been a lot of questions about how to use the Treatment Oils.

This thread provides a lot of great information about the properties of the Wen Treatment Oils. It's really worthwhile to read through the entire thread. In addition to Hilary's initial post, some of the most interesting posts include #3, #8, #32, #39, #59 (on SMC), #60, #130 (on SOB), #131 (full ingredients listings for all the oils) and #132.

Clicking on this Benefits of Oils link will take you to the beginning of the thread.

Enjoy!! -- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}