WEN

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Really hoping that there will be some oil specials, like the duos, in June. I am running thru the oils faster than ever. Not only do I put Tea Tree oil in my hair every night, I have now gotten in the habit of using oils on my body after taking an evening shower or bath. 

@World Traveler

Hi! Hi! Hi!  I too am loving the oils after bathing. I also slather NBT cream over my oiled skin, which is yummy... but, I just read over on the beauty forum (on a moisturizer thread) that oil can penetrate moisturizers but moisturizer cannot penetrate oil. This is new to me and gave me pause. Hmmm,  should we moisturize first, then oil? Sometimes I mix my Wen oil with the NBT too. 

Have you or anybody else heard of this recommendation for layering product? I'd like to get the maximum benefits.

(As I write this I seem to recall, that I may have heard that argon oil goes on last after facial products, but not 100% on this)

@rochelleS Hi!

I remember Chaz saying you can use the various oils added to the 319 (non-fragrance) body cream to get the scent of your choice. So it's okay to mix.

I don't think it makes any difference which one is first. For me, I consider the NBT a moisturizer, so that's why I put it on after everything else I have done, after the oil. Heart

As to Argan Oil, I've heard Josie say to put it on under the makeup; but then again, she has demonstrated patting it on over makeup throughout the day. It appears either way is okay. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler

I'm going to look into the order in which to apply oils and moisturizer. I certainly want the benefit of the moisturizer but if oiling first in any way inhibits said product efficacy...well I guess I'll see what I can learn.

Regardless,  love the oils, straight or mixed with NBT.  I do use the 319, I could eat the stuff, it's a five star product in my book! 

I like and use 613 also. With my body chemistry the vanilla dominates. Which is okay sometimes. I have added JM lemon verbena oil to bring out more citrus. This is a nice option and most pleasant together. 

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS Oh, that's good too.......adding lemon verbena oil. So many ways to do things; so little time! ha!

I am definitely going to stock up on oils in June!

Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I recently got the idea to research some of the oils on the Internet. I am not an expert, but here is what I found. I just googled each oil and took some notes about what was interesting. I wanted to share with everyone.

Sweet Almond Peppermint Oil-Peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates. Sweet almond oil-helps eczema, prevents hair loss, adds shine and strength. May Chang Fruit Oil-treats acne, helps eczema, and can be used as an insect repellant. Jasmine oil-tames frizz, adds shine, protects from heat, helps dry scalp

Pomegranate Rosemary Oil- revitalizes dull, dry hair, provides elasticity to skin, helps with wrinkles, helps eczema and psoriasis, helps collagen production. Rosemary oil- promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair-good for grays. Grapefruit Peel oil-promotes hair growth, treats dandruff, adds shine, regulates oil.

Tea Tree Eucalyptus Oil- Tea tree oil-removes build-up on the hair shaft from minerals in water, normalizes oily and dry hair, helps unclog blocked hair follicles, increases circulation to hair follicles, removes dead skin cells that inhibit hair growth, helps with dandruff, repels lice. rosemary oil-promotes hair growth and thickness, darkens hair. peppermint oil-hydrates, stimulates hair follicles. eucalyptus oil-controls dandruff, helps dry scalp, mild psoriasis, adds shine, promotes elasticity.

Cucumber Thyme Oil -thyme oil-promotes hair growth, luster, shine, and bounce. Mandarin Orange Peel oil-maintains moisture balance on skin. Bergamot oil-adds sheen, repairs damage, promotes hair growth, helps frizz, protects from heat, helps psoriasis.

Fig Sweet Orange Oil-balsam peru oil- helps dry skin and eczema. sweet orange oil-promotes production of collagen, soothes dry skin. cedarwood oil-helps acne and rashes, balances dry and oily hair and skin, regulates sebum, stimulates hair growth, reduces hair loss, controls dandruff. Ylang Ylang oil-thickens hair shaft, balances scalp oil production, helps split ends, helps eczema.

Lavender Mint Oil- lavender oil-repels lice, calming, promotes hair growth, reduces sebum. peppermint oil-stimulates hair follicles, hydrates.

@Hilary77, thanks so much for having put all of this information together. I've just been referring to it again, and it always so helpful!!! 

Since Chaz is offering a great Seasonal 3-piece kit today which includes 16oz CC, 4oz Treatment Oil and 6oz Replenishing Treatment Mist (RTM) -- Wen - Alert - ODO - Seasonal CC, Oil & RTM - $69.96 -- I thought folks might want to have a look at this. 

Even though your thread is about the Treatment Oils in the Classic line, some of the ingredients in these oils may be in the Seasonal Treatment Oils as well.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hilary's great Benefits of Oils thread has a lot of great information expecially on the Classic line of Wen Treatment Oils: Sweet Almond MInt (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA) and Pomegranate (POM). 

Her initial message has a lot of information about the active ingredients in each Treatment Oil in the Classic line. Just click on the Benefits of Oils link to go to her initial message (or just read message #143, just a few messages above, which is where she reposted it).

Additionally, message #14 includes a lot of excellent information (it is a compilation of some messages that seem to have gotten lost in the transition to the new forum structure). Messages #10, #23, and #51 also have good information. 

There is information about the Summer Honey Peach oil in messages #50 and #60. 

Message #137, describes the positive healthy hair benefits that one of Chaz's client named Faith has gotten from doing overnight scalp treatments with the Treatment Oils for the past two years.

From message #60 on there are are a number of clusters of helpful information: 

* #69 - #84 

* #87 - #89 

* #101 - #107 

* #131 - #132 

As I mentioned before, somehow a number of messages have been lost in the transition to the June 15th new forum structure. This is such a shame becasue I know that Hillary has put together a number of posts on a number of the other treatment oils (including Seasonal oils). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

P.S. FYI, @Hilary77, as you've probably noticed, these days you can modify the initial post in each thread, so you can always add new info to your first message in this thread... hint, hint, hint... Smiley Happy

________

Below is the information from message #14 which includes a lot of excellent information (it is a compilation of some messages that seem to have gotten lost in the transition to the new forum structure). -- bebe Smiley Happy

_____

Additionally, there's MissKlynn's great post #3 from this thread...

Also will add directly quoted from Chaz's web site, all the new oils contain the following:

Abyssinian Oil: Derived from the seeds of the Abyssinian cabbage plant. It is known to moisturize, hydrate and condition.

Olive Fruit Oil: Derived from olives, high in fatty acids and antioxidants. Moisturizes, repairs and softens the hair or scalp.

Organic Argan Oil: Derived from the nuts of argan trees, it possesses a remarkable ability to nourish, moisturize, eliminate frizz and improve elasticity.The oil is high in lipids, including the omega-9 oleic acid and the omega-6 linoleic acid as well as vitamin E.

All of the oils, old and new have Jojoba Oil. I'm not one to quote from a website without reference, so here is a good website I found with info about Jojoba oil and how it breaks down buildup, and also good information about some of the other oils we see in the Wen oils.

http://blackhair101.com/hair-care/oils-explained-essential-oils-and-carrier-oils-for-hair

No wonder the Wen oils are my favorite Wen product! So many good things!

_____ 

_____ 

Additionally, there's HBNY74's informative post on some of the treatment properties of the oils which is in post #8 of this thread...

I had saved this information from Chaz's website before he consolidated all oils on one page. It is the breakdown for the new oils. Given all the different oils he now uses (as opposed to only the jojoba oil, actually not an oil, but let not split hair..LOL), I understand why some say that the new oils are/feel heavier, especially with the addition of sesame oil, which is very viscous, compared to jojoba.

CUCUMBER THYME

* Jojoba oil: conditions, nourishes, hydrates hair/scalp, antibacterial, cleanses scalp, unclogs hair follicles

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hair growth

Olive oil: repairs, softens, hair/scalp

Argan oil: nourishes, moisturizes, eliminates frizz, improves hair elasticity

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes, hydrates hair/scalp

Thyme oil: antiseptic, antimicrobial, invigorates scalp, promotes hair growth

Cucumber fruit extract: hydrating, cooling, anti-inflammatory, healing, astringent, reduces oiliness, relieves itching, smoothes, softens skin/hair

Mandarin orange peel oil: regulates oily skin

Bergamot oil: combats oily scalp, relieves itching, effective against psoriasis

Aloe Vera Juice: soothing, healing, moisturizing, antifungal, antibacterial

LAVENDER MINT

Jojoba oil: conditions, nourishes, hydrates hair/scalp, antibacterial, cleanses scalp, unclogs hair follicles

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hair growth

Olive oil: repairs, softens hair/scalp

Lavender oil: regenerative, regulates the scalp oil secretions, promotes hair growth, cleansing, soothing, antiseptic, helps with dandruff

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes, hydrates, hair/scalp

Peppermint oil: purifying, cooling, soothing, calming, cleansing, antibacterial

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY

Jojoba oil: conditions, nourishes, hydrates hair/scalp, antibacterial, cleanses scalp, unclogs hair follicles

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hairgrowth

Pomegranate oil: antioxidant, astrigent, hydrating

Rosemary leaf oil: antioxidant, stimulates hair growth, fights scalp problems

Grapefuit peel: oil promotes hair growth

FIG SWEET ORANGE

Sesame oil: nourishes, strengthens, antibacterial, antifungal, reduces inflammation, reduces dandruff, promotes hairgrowth

* Olive oil: repairs, softens, hair/scalp

Argan oil: nourishes, moisturizes, eliminates frizz, improves elasticity

Balsam peru oil: conditions, invigorates, strengthens scalp/hair

Fig extract: rich, hydrating and moisturizing without weighing down the hair

Sweet orange oil: anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, soothing, increases blood flow to the skin

Cedarwood oil: stimulant, antiseptic, cleansing, helps with dandruff

Ylang ylang oil: balances, tones, soothes, rejuvenates skin and hair

SWEET ALMOND PEPPERMINT

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes ,hydrates hair/scalp

* Peppermint oil: purifying, cooling, soothing, calming, cleansing, antibacterial

Sweet almond oil: excellent emollient, treats very dry skin, antiseptic, healing, nourishes

May Chang fruit oil: antifungal, antibacterial, helps with eczema

Jasmine oil: soothing, antiseptic, tones dry or greasy skin/hair

TEA TREE EUCALYPTUS

Abyssinian oil: moisturizes, hydrates, hair/scalp

Tea tree oil: antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal, relieves dandruff, unclogs hair follicles, promotes hair growth

Rosemary leaf oil: antioxidant, stimulates hair growth, fights scalp problems

Peppermint oil: purifying, cooling, soothing, calming, cleansing, antibacterial

Eucalyptus oil: astringent, reduces irritation, hydrates, antiseptic, antimicrobial, antifungal, cooling, soothing

_____ 

_____

Below is my post of containing the complete ingredients listing for each of the core Treatment Oils (post #132)...

WEN TREATMENT OIL - INGREDIENTS

SWEET ALMOND PEPPERMINT TREATMENT OIL

Ingredients:Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco-
Caprylate/Caprate, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Essential Oil Blend,
Peppermint Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, May Chang Fruit Essential Oil,
Jasmine Oil, Tocopherol.

TEA TREE EUCALYPTUS TREATMENT OIL

Ingredients: Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco-
Caprylate/Caprate, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil,
Rosemary Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Tocopherol.

FIG SWEET ORANGE TREATMENT OIL

Balsam Peru Oil, Fig Extract, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Cedarwood
Oil, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil, Tocopherol.

LAVENDER MINT TREATMENT OIL

Caprylate/Caprate, Lavender Oil, Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Peppermint
Oil, Tocopherol.

CUCUMBER THYME TREATMENT OIL

Thyme Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil,
Bergamot Fruit Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Tocopherol.

POMEGRANATE ROSEMARY TREATMENT OIL

Pomegranate Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Tocopherol.

Information provided by WEN® 

________

Valued Contributor

Bumping because I should totally research wvm oil ingredients and benefits. 

Honored Contributor

@Thia-Winter Thanks for bumping. I sometimes forget about this thread. I love the oils. I am hoping he is going to have a great sale on them this month. I am going thru the Tea Tree oil so fast due to using it almost every night.

Super Contributor

@World Traveler

Hi! Hi! Hi!  I too am loving the oils after bathing. I also slather NBT cream over my oiled skin, which is yummy... but, I just read over on the beauty forum (on a moisturizer thread) that oil can penetrate moisturizers but moisturizer cannot penetrate oil. This is new to me and gave me pause. Hmmm,  should we moisturize first, then oil? Sometimes I mix my Wen oil with the NBT too. 

Have you or anybody else heard of this recommendation for layering product? I'd like to get the maximum benefits.

(As I write this I seem to recall, that I may have heard that argon oil goes on last after facial products, but not 100% on this)

I know this is a slightly older post, but I've read in a couple of blogs that it's better to put water-based products on first and then the oil on top. Also, customer service at Josie Maran's site confirmed to put the oil on last. That was during the winter when my face was tight as a drum and it was not working the other way around. The other day I put argan oil under my sunscreen and I didn't have any issues, but then it's so humid here right now, my skin is having a field day - ahhhhh moisture...... As a matter of fact, I have two pumps of Glossing Serum in my hair today and it's still poufy, which for a fine-haired girl is actually not always a bad thing ... except the hairs that keep sticky to my face.

Honored Contributor

@Thia-Winter wrote:

@Thia-Winter, on his original website, Chaz used to list the benefits of each key ingredients in his oils. Unfortunately, that feature seems to have disappeared when they revamped the website last year. 

That said, some of the ingredients and their benefits, which are listed in Hilary's thread, are probably also in the Seasonal and other Wen Treatment Oils. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Thia-Winter wrote:

@Thia-Winter, on his original website, Chaz used to list the benefits of each key ingredients in his oils. Unfortunately, that feature seems to have disappeared when they revamped the website last year. 

That said, some of the ingredients and their benefits, which are listed in Hilary's thread, are probably also in the Seasonal and other Wen Treatment Oils. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 thanks!  I still haven't gotten to read up, as I'm getting ready to move.