WEN

Super Contributor

Re: Attention Wenners the DOG Owners - a tip from Chaz!

@nikki48 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

Even pet stores sell scented sprays for dogs and cats. I see nothing wrong with it as long as the ingredients are safe.

I dont know about anyone else's dog but mine used to love rolling in the grass and dirt just to stand up, shake and want in the house. Yes, she was brushed and sprayed as she came in.

My dog does that too once in awhile (okay, more often that that).  What do you spray on your dog?

I used either my RTM or one of the sprays I grabbed at the pet store. I always used Tea Tree RTM when she had hot spots... she loved it! Now Chaz has the RTM for Wen Pets.

The WenPets RTM is awesome! Naia didn't really like being sprayed with anything, scented or unscented, at first, but now she'll happily stand there and let me spray. I'm also a huge fan of the WenPets CCs.

The only thing I'd say about the oil on their pads is to avoid TT oil. Even at a low level of essential oil it might be too much if they lick their pads.

Honored Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

Even pet stores sell scented sprays for dogs and cats. I see nothing wrong with it as long as the ingredients are safe.

I dont know about anyone else's dog but mine used to love rolling in the grass and dirt just to stand up, shake and want in the house. Yes, she was brushed and sprayed as she came in.

My dog does that too once in awhile (okay, more often that that).  What do you spray on your dog?

I used either my RTM or one of the sprays I grabbed at the pet store. I always used Tea Tree RTM when she had hot spots... she loved it! Now Chaz has the RTM for Wen Pets.

@nikki48...the Tea Tree oil is also great for hot spots!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

I actually watched a video of him getting his dogs ready for a show.  They spray the pads daily with RTM, and put NBT on afterwards to keep the pads from getting dry.  I have tried it on my dog, and it works wonders. I use the pet RTM and 319 NBT.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

@nikki48...the Tea Tree oil is also great for hot spots!

I actually would not recommend this. Tea tree oil in small concentrations is safe for dogs if they ingest it but ecualyptus can be toxic at lower concentrations and this oil contains both these oils in fairly high concentrations. This oil can actually be toxic to dogs (and definitely cats) and can make them ill, including increasing their liver enzymes and worse.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I think my dog would lick all the oil off and I doubt it is good to eat.

As it is, she licks my legs whenever I put whipped Argon Oil on, after a shower or at night before bed.

@Puppy Lips it depends on the oil and the concentration of that oil. Eucalyptus oil  is toxic (in the Tea tree oil) to dogs and cats and Tea tree oil can be too if in higher concentrations. Most dog products that contain tea tree oil are safe because they are in the safe levels of concentration but the TT oil has a fairly high concentration and I would not recommend it on a dog or cat.

Here is more info on Eucalyptus.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic-plants/eucalyptus