WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone receive their toasted Sweet almond mint EDP yet?

I got my EDP a few hours ago. I sprayed some on my hand at first to test the scent. I like it. When I first sprayed it, I didn't like the scent, lol. However, it dries down after a few minutes. When it first started to settle, I smelled the mint and a scent that reminded me of a warm fireplace scent. The mint was nice because my nose as been a little stuffy today. It will be a nice fragrance for the holidays. The mint smelled sweet. Now, it has dried down even more. It smells like warm vanilla with a hint of sweetness. I don't smell the mint as much. The mint is more in the background now. It sort of reminds me of warm vanilla sugar from B&B Works, but more sophisticated and sweeter. This is a keeper for me. I have never smelled another scent exactly like this. It is unique and hard to describe. Here are some words to describe it: warm, vanilla, sweet, smoky, minty. I hope this helps those who are wondering about the scent. It you like warm vanilla scents, I think you would like this one. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Regular Contributor

No problem, Bebe.

Thought I'd add a few more things.  Definitely let it breathe. I followed Chaz' instructions when he was presenting it. Spray it and let it develop...don't rub your wrists together.  The smell changed from first spray to 45min later.   After a couple of hours I decided that I would love this as a home scent, just not on my body, haha!  I find it rustic, you know?

Surely there will be folks who adore it.  Keep posting the reviews.  It surely helps. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just wanted to add that I went back and watched the presentation of this fragrance to compare my experience. The little graphic that Chaz posted during the presentation is spot on, in my opinion. The top notes are bergamot, lemon zest, sweet mint, and tomato leaf. This is what I smelled when I first sprayed it. The heart notes are green leaves, peppermint, rosemary, and cardamom seeds. This was the minty scent I smelled second. The base notes are almond and vanilla. This is what I smell on my hand now that it has completely dried down. The scent is complex at first, but dries down to that beautiful vanilla almond scent. Now, I just need to see how long it lasts. I will wear it tomorrow to see if it has staying power. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I just wanted to add that I went back and watched the presentation of this fragrance to compare my experience. The little graphic that Chaz posted during the presentation is spot on, in my opinion. The top notes are bergamot, lemon zest, sweet mint, and tomato leaf. This is what I smelled when I first sprayed it. The heart notes are green leaves, peppermint, rosemary, and cardamom seeds. This was the minty scent I smelled second. The base notes are almond and vanilla. This is what I smell on my hand now that it has completely dried down. The scent is complex at first, but dries down to that beautiful vanilla almond scent. Now, I just need to see how long it lasts. I will wear it tomorrow to see if it has staying power. 

Thanks @Hilary77, uh oh think you sold me with  this description.  Sounds wonderful! 😀

Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I got my EDP a few hours ago. I sprayed some on my hand at first to test the scent. I like it. When I first sprayed it, I didn't like the scent, lol. However, it dries down after a few minutes. When it first started to settle, I smelled the mint and a scent that reminded me of a warm fireplace scent. The mint was nice because my nose as been a little stuffy today. It will be a nice fragrance for the holidays. The mint smelled sweet. Now, it has dried down even more. It smells like warm vanilla with a hint of sweetness. I don't smell the mint as much. The mint is more in the background now. It sort of reminds me of warm vanilla sugar from B&B Works, but more sophisticated and sweeter. This is a keeper for me. I have never smelled another scent exactly like this. It is unique and hard to describe. Here are some words to describe it: warm, vanilla, sweet, smoky, minty. I hope this helps those who are wondering about the scent. It you like warm vanilla scents, I think you would like this one. 

and later Hilary77 added: 

Smiley Happy Hilary

____

@Hilary77, thank you so much for that thorough explanation. I'm really glad that this fragrance is a keeper. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

What a cute post!  Your 11 year old doesn't like much.  That tickled me!  LOL!  I got it too and tried it yesterday (Friday).  I'm not sure I like it and I'm much older than 11. LOL!  The person with the cold, I hope you get well soon too.  To me, it smells like my Aunt's house when we were kids.  It really does.  Did you see the reviews on the Q?  One person said it smelled like someone did not clean up the bar too well.  I can understand what they are referring to.  It does have an "oddball" kind of tac to it but he uses natural herbs and such.  Again, I got a real kick out of your post.  I love cats too. xo God bless.

Respected Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

@Hilary77  Thanks so much for your detailed review.  It sounds like something that I would like if it is similar to warm vanilla sugar since I really like that scent.  I wasn't planning on ordering it since  I plan on purchasing the new winter seasonal EDP when it is offered.  I only own a few perfumes since many of them give me a headache.  I definitely can have issues if I try to wear any body products not just cologne or perfume that have ingredients that don't agree with me.  

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to add that it would be great if we could purchase small sizes of new Wen products before purchasing a larger size.  This would also prevent many returns.  Some type of kit with all of the new Wen cologne/EDP would be great.  

Respected Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

I just wanted to add that it would be great if we could purchase small sizes of new Wen products before purchasing a larger size.  This would also prevent many returns.  Some type of kit with all of the new Wen cologne/EDP would be great.  

I totally agree with you. I really think some kind of fragrance sampler would be awesome. It is hard to know whether you like a scent when buying it without testing it first. I'm sure they have a lot of returns just because scent is something that is so personal. Even is they offered a .5 oz, it wouldn't be such a commitment. Maybe Chaz will consider this in the future. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

@Susan25 wrote:

I totally agree with you. I really think some kind of fragrance sampler would be awesome. It is hard to know whether you like a scent when buying it without testing it first. I'm sure they have a lot of returns just because scent is something that is so personal. Even is they offered a .5 oz, it wouldn't be such a commitment. Maybe Chaz will consider this in the future. 

Iol, and I agree with both of you. I hate returning items both because of the hassle involved and I also feel bad about sending something back (like a beauty product) that I know cannot be resold... especially if it't one of Chaz's products. The only Wen item I ever sent back was the 613 Eau de TOILETTE because it only laste 2-3 minutes on me before I couldn't smell it any more. And I felt so bad about sending it back. 

I would be much more likely to purchase some of the more expensive items (like the Treatments Oils and scents) if I could first purchase sample kits. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy