WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone receive their toasted Sweet almond mint EDP yet?

Would love to hear reviews.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone receive their toasted Sweet almond mint EDP yet?

Mine arrived today. I've been spraying it a lot, trying to get a feel for it. Problem is, I've got a head cold, so not much is registereing. I sprayed my arm and had some ladies at work smell it. They all said they liked it on me, but it did smell sweet. I usually wear more floral scents. I can definitely pick up on the mint notes and I find this to be a "warm" "cozy" scent. Not sure if I'm going to keep it, but I've till 1/31 to make my mind up. I find this completely different from the 6/13 EDP, which I find fresh and lighter. I'm going to try mixing them when my head clears up. 

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

@Suz585, thanks for the update. I hope you feel better soon. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Suz585 , Yes feel better soon

Regular Contributor

I also received mine today.  I sprayed it on a piece of paper first and then on my inner wrist and have let it breathe.  Initally I couldn't really tell what I was smelling.  Now that it's been about 45min I would say that it is warm for sure.  It's got more of a woodsy smell.  The almond isn't immediate or strong but it's subtly there.  Something else is "toasted" but I'm not sure what. I know that it is supposed to be universal but in my opinion this would be better geared toward folks who prefer a more masculine scent.  It's not my cup of tea so it is being returned, but I am still loving my Tuscan Pear EDP. Smiley Happy  

P.S. I am a fan of the Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner and its ancillery products.  The EDP is completely different in scent.

Super Contributor

Mine literally just got here. I've opened th box and sprayed it on my wrists. I can smell the mint and the almond. There's something else I'm smelling that I can't put my finger on. I'll have to go back and watch the presenation for the notes. At first sniff, I do like it a lot better than the FTP EDP which I ended up returning. We'll see how it goes after a while. I plan on wearing it for a full day tomorrow.

Super Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

Mine arrived today. I've been spraying it a lot, trying to get a feel for it. Problem is, I've got a head cold, so not much is registereing. I sprayed my arm and had some ladies at work smell it. They all said they liked it on me, but it did smell sweet. I usually wear more floral scents. I can definitely pick up on the mint notes and I find this to be a "warm" "cozy" scent. Not sure if I'm going to keep it, but I've till 1/31 to make my mind up. I find this completely different from the 6/13 EDP, which I find fresh and lighter. I'm going to try mixing them when my head clears up. 

Oooh I like that idea of mixing it with 613. I may try that combo some time next week.

Honored Contributor

@RawkinFoodie, thanks for sharing your impressions of this scent. It's a shame that it didn't work out for you. Smiley Happy

@Mirage08, please keep us updated on how it's working out for you. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Contributor

I got mine today. I tried it at work because the anticipation was killing me!

I honestly don't know if I like it or not. It's been on me for about 40 minutes at this point. I sprayed it on my inner wrist.  This is going to be a very strange description. I'm not very sophisticated and don't describe fragrance well.......you've been warned. So, on me the scent of peppermint oil starts very strong with some sort of deep vanilla-ish scent. Then on the way home from work it smelled very similar to Philosophy's Falling in Love. Now that I've been home for about ten minutes or so the peppermint is completely gone and it smells warm and like some sort of sugary brittle. My manager said he liked it, but my other co-worker said it smelled like Fabuloso (a brand of cleaning product popular in my area) to him. My son doesn't like it but he's 11 so he doesn't like much. Smiley Wink

I'm going to try it a few more times before I decide whether or not I like it. One definite plus is that it doesn't make my head hurt or my nose run like the 613 did, so I am now even more excited about the  WWC fragrance to come!! 

Honored Contributor

@NMCrazyCatLady, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the new Sweet Toasted Almond EDP. I hope it works out for you and I'm glad that there's no headache issue involved. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy