WEN

Trusted Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

Yawn.  Anyone else.

How about an eye roll 🙄 to go with that yawn.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

Yawn.  Anyone else.

How about an eye roll 🙄 to go with that yawn.

IKR! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Alert!! WEN

[ Edited ]

@TX-starlight wrote:

All you WEN users might want to check on this: http://www.wfaa.com/news/fda-now-investigating-popular-infomercial-shampoo/282717867

@TX-starlight

FYI - I just received (7-26) a third "strengthened" warning from the FDA about an antibiotic that was thought to be the end - all - be all for me.  Fluoroquininolone.  First alert 5-13, first warning 5-26, strong warning 7-26 so this is pretty fast for the FDA.

My MD. has placed an alert on my record as an allergy for me, so it is never proscribed for me again.  You may be sure I will never take it again should any MD suggest it.  The thinking is now that it likely triggered the issues I had in May, June & July which landed me in the ICU for 6 days - twice.  

For others it works wonders, for me not. No need for others without my issues to worry.  I am glad that others still have it as a option, as it did a great job on the problem for which it was designed. But, it causes some issues for a few people.  

It is not being pulled from the market, no one is going all bonkers about here on the BB, or even in the news.  And even though I was posibly 'harmed' by it I am NOT whinging and whingeing about it.

So, Your alert is not only old news, it is also no biggie.

bored

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

http://www.morningnewsusa.com/exclusive-wen-chaz-dean-products-safe-2392493.html

EXCLUSIVE: WEN By Chaz Dean, ‘Our Products Are Safe’

EXCLUSIVE: WEN By Chaz Dean, ‘Our Products Are Safe’

Chaz Dean, Inc., makers of popular hair treatment product WEN by Chaz Dean, has reiterated that their products remain safe despite on-going investigation conducted by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

On Monday, the cosmetic company issued a statement, emailed to Morning News USA, saying their products remain safe to use. No recall order has been issued by the company or the FDA as of posting.

FDA Investigation

The company issued the statement after the FDA initiated the investigation due to reports from consumers who experienced adverse reactions in connection with the use of the WEN by Chaz Dean, as previously reported by Morning News USA.

In the same report, the FDA took note of at least 127 complaints from people who experienced adverse effects associated with the specific product. The same number of complaints is by far the largest number of complaints the bureau has received concerning a cosmetic product.

In the statement, the company emphasized their dedication in ensuring the safety of their products. According to the statement, “The Wen by Chaz Dean family cares deeply about everyone’s hair health. We encourage people who inquire about any hair issues to seek qualified medical assistance because it is a complex topic.”

The company, however, urged the public to seek immediate medical attention should they experience adverse reactions after the use of any of their products.

Products Are Safe

“Through this experience, we have learned that there is an immediate need for more education about hair health and common hair concerns in the industry, unrelated to Wen. There is no evidence that WEN products cause hair loss and the ingredients and formulations meet or exceed safety and quality standards set by the cosmetics industry. We stand behind them,” the statement reads.

The company added that it remains consistent in cooperating and complying with the safety standards set forth by the FDA over the past 16 years.

Honored Contributor

@sonechko

Shoulder to Shoulder.

IHeartChazDean&WEN!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@sonechko

Shoulder to Shoulder.

IHeartChazDean&WEN!

@Drythe and @sonechko - AMEN!!

Esteemed Contributor

FYI.  If it doesn't apply to you then don't worry about it.  This is for those who WANT to know.

AUDIENCE: Consumer, Family Practice, Dermatology

ISSUE: The FDA is investigating reports of hair loss, hair breakage, balding, itching, and rash associated with the use of WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner products.

While the FDA continues its investigation, consumers should be aware of reactions reported in association with the use of WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner products. Consumers who experience a reaction after using WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner products should stop using the product and consult with their dermatologist or other health care provider. The agency also urges consumers to report to FDA any reactions they may have experienced when using these products.

The FDA has not yet determined a possible cause for the adverse events that have been reported, and will provide additional updates as new information becomes available.

BACKGROUND: As of July 7, 2016, the FDA had received 127 adverse event reports directly from consumers about WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner products, the largest number of reports ever associated with any cosmetic hair cleansing product, including cleansing conditioners. FDA is also investigating more than 21,000 complaints reported directly to Chaz Dean, Inc. and Guthy Renker, LLC that FDA learned of during inspections of manufacturing and distribution facilities.

The FDA has not yet determined a possible cause for the adverse events that have been reported, and today has called on the company to “provide any data that might help us to better understand the reports of hair loss associated with the use of WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner products.” The FDA also has reached out to physicians and other health care providers asking them to notify their patients of hair loss and other complaints associated with the use of these products and to report adverse events to the agency.

RECOMMENDATION: While the FDA continues its investigation, consumers should be aware of reactions reported in association with the use of WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner products. Consumers who experience a reaction after using WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner products should stop using the product and consult with their dermatologist or other health care provider.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

You'd  think that after twenty plus years of using Wen and only Wen, Chaz Dean would be bald as a cue ball.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

image.jpegWe ❤️❤️❤️our WEN for humans and puppies!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

If you payed attention you would see many threads on this already and you would not have to burden people of reading the same thing over and over