WEN

Respected Contributor

Adding Oil to Styling Creme---Awesome!!!

I have added oil to my styling creme before, but I have recently started again. I just add a few drops of Wen oil to my styling creme and apply it to my soaking wet hair after my leave in of cc. It has done wonders for adding moisture to my hair. It also smooths the frizz I get from the humidity. It's great!!! If your hair is prone to frizz, I highly recommend. On a side note, I have tried adding oil to my leave in and styling creme. I didn't like it as well as just adding it to the styling creme. I'm not sure why.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

Re: Adding Oil to Styling Creme---Awesome!!!

I may start doing that again.  Usually I just use the oils mixed with sc in the winter months and then use 1 or 2 drops to smooth through my already styled hair in the summer months.  Maybe I'll try it mixed the next time I cleanse and see if I get better results. 

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

I've added the oil to the leave-in before. The WEN styling cream does nothing for me, but I do like the oils with my leave-in. I took my oil bottle out of my shower a while back and just replaced it over the weekend.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder about this.  I meant to try it in the past.

I think the styling cream and glossing serum are too heavy for my short hair.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I've only tried adding it to my leave-in CC so far. Maybe I'll try and add it to the styling creme instead.

Esteemed Contributor

I mix a CC, SC and a non-Wen silicone serum (synthetic oil) in my hands and spread it through sopping wet hair.  I get great results from that.

A few weeks ago, I was heavy handed with the pumps.  Instead of nicely defined bungee curls, I got a gloppy mess.  I had to jump back in the shower and start from scratch.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Agree! I started mixing 2 drops with my styling cream and can't quit running my fingers through my hair! AWESOME IS RIGHT!!
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

I was watching you tube instructional videos the other day with the girls from Chazs customer service department.  They said you should not use the oils on wet hair if you are going to blow dry or use heat products.  Could overheat your hair.  She said to use as a scalp treatment or use on dry hair.  I have used the oil mixed with sc on wet hair before and havent had any issues but stopped when I watched this video.  Did anyone else see this one?  I have been using the shp oil on my dry hair midshaft down and to calm any fly aways.  This works great and had the added bonus of smelling great!

Respected Contributor

Thanks Hillary77! Heart

Respected Contributor

40nu20, I had not watched that video, but when I read the title of this topic, that's the first thing that came to mind, that using oil in the styling creme and then heat-styling would be like frying your hair in oil.  If you aren't going to heat style, then it wouldn't matter, but I sure wouldn't put oil on my hair if I were going to use a heat styling tool, and that's the only time I use styling creme, as a heat protectant.  Since I have dead-level stick straight hair, I don't need the SC for curl definition (curl, what's a curl?) or frizz control, so I just use leave in CC when I need moisture.