WEN

Honored Contributor

Ack! I cut more than 12 inches off my hair

[ Edited ]

I've been gradually cutting my hair shorter. It was tail bone length, then I cut it back up to my just past my waist a few months ago and tonight I cut it into a bob.

It's collar bone length in the front and lower neck/top of shoulders in the back. I think I might want it a little shorter. I just didn't want to cut it too short since my hair is wavy and I wasn't sure now much curl shrinkage I'd get with it this short. I've had my hair waist and longer for probably 15 years now.  

At first I wasn't sure how much I iiked it, it is shockingly shorter than I'm used to. But I washed it and then used leave in and SC with 4 spritzes of VTS. I'm still figuring out how much leave in and SC to use with this length hair. It gave nice definition to my waves and I think it looks good. I just wanted to make a change. I want it a little more choppy in the back and a little shorter all over I think. 

I am a little worried about having too much volume and getting poofy helmet hair look with it so short and my wave, which i don't want. So I'll be playing around with the styling products. Last time I had a bob I did the straightening iron thing and I really want just a natural wavy funky look this time. No irons. 

I like it though. And there sure isn't any shampoo hair left anymore lol. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Re: Ack! I cut more than 12 inches off my hair

Congrats on the hair cut! I hope you truly enjoy the shorter length. It's kinda fun to change your hair style, enjoy! 

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

I think I'm a little shocked I did it. I stood there with the scissors up ready to cut and ask myself if I was sure and then I just started cutting. I'd been seriously thinking about cutting it into this style for a couple months now but it took awhile to get up the nerve. 

Respected Contributor

Congrats!! Enjoy!!!

I cut my hair into a pixie cut 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Now, it's an asymmetrical cut with long angled bangs but they cover most of my forehead. I love it and my husband loves it even more (his idea). 

I get compliments all the time and I barely do anything to it. I kick myself I didn't do it sooner. I tried to do it earlier but the stylist I was seeing at the time ( I was cheating on mine) refused. He kept saying I have nice hair and look good with it. I had to go back to my old one and she finally agreed. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom  I bet you are GORGEOUS!  I love that you are working on a way to let your hair's natural character shine through without a lot of heat styling.  I do exactly the same with my curls -- though once in a while I use a round hot brush (a poor man's Perfector) to just soften the hair framing my face.  I love letting my curls do their thing!

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

You are so brave!   Wow -- that's wonderful!  I have really long hair, too and I keep thinking about getting it cut but then I just can't!  My long hair has been a part of me for so long.  Are you a hairdresser?  I could never cut my own hair.  I used to try and cut my banks and I always messed them up!  

I have unruly hair which has a mind of its own.  I have trouble with poofy hair and when it has length it seems to help.  

Congrats and I bet it feels good!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

___

@jaxs mom  congrats on your great new hairstyle!! Smiley Happy

I think the way you did it was very well planned. You didn't shop all of your hair off at once, which could've been a real shock but you just didn't stages. That said, from what you've written, it seems as thoughn it seems as though you're still in a little bit of shock even though you really like the results.

You also mentioned: 

I am a little worried about having too much volume and getting poofy helmet hair look with it so short and my wave, which i don't want. So I'll be playing around with the styling products. Last time I had a bob I did the straightening iron thing and I really want just a natural wavy funky look this time. No irons.

--

While I don't use the glossing serum (GS),   I thought you might want to give that a try. Chaz always talks about how he created it as an alternative to the Brazilian blowout. It sounds as though it might reduce the volume of your clearly luxurious, but potentially shirt new hairstyle. 

Enjoy!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

I'm using my iPhone, so I wasn't able to give you a hot link to this product… 

WEN by Chaz Dean Glossing Shine Serum Duo, 2 oz. - A234652
A234652 VIDEO
Best Seller
WEN by Chaz Dean Glossing Shine Serum Duo, 2 oz.
QVC Price:$36.00
4.2 of 5 Stars
(207 reviews)

___

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom  I hope you donated your hair to a group who makes wigs for those who lose their hair due to chemo treatments.

Bless you if you did.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@jaxs mom

You are so brave!   Wow -- that's wonderful!  I have really long hair, too and I keep thinking about getting it cut but then I just can't!  My long hair has been a part of me for so long.  Are you a hairdresser?  I could never cut my own hair.  I used to try and cut my banks and I always messed them up!  

I have unruly hair which has a mind of its own.  I have trouble with poofy hair and when it has length it seems to help.  

Congrats and I bet it feels good!!!  

For a very long time it didn't even enter my thoughts to cut my hair. Until a few months ago I had no intention of cutting it. I still love long hair. I love all the different up dos you can design. I just hit a point where I wanted to try something different. I think when you are ready, if you ever are ready, you will know. I've had plenty of bad hairstyles in the past from hairdresses that didn't listen to me so I had been cutting my own hair for a long time. This bob really wasn't much different other than being a lot shorter. I watched a couple you tube videos just to be sure and not forget anything. 

I really like how it came out, no poof and my curls are still here in the morning. I think I might have used too much leave though, I used 1 pump from a 16oz bottle. I'm still working out the right about of leave in, styling cream VTS. I also might actually start needing to use the RTM for second day hair. 

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

___

@jaxs mom  congrats on your great new hairstyle!! Smiley Happy

I think the way you did it was very well planned. You didn't shop all of your hair off at once, which could've been a real shock but you just didn't stages. That said, from what you've written, it seems as thoughn it seems as though you're still in a little bit of shock even though you really like the results.

You also mentioned: 

--

While I don't use the glossing serum (GS),   I thought you might want to give that a try. Chaz always talks about how he created it as an alternative to the Brazilian blowout. It sounds as though it might reduce the volume of your clearly luxurious, but potentially shirt new hairstyle. 

Enjoy!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

I'm using my iPhone, so I wasn't able to give you a hot link to this product… 

WEN by Chaz Dean Glossing Shine Serum Duo, 2 oz. - A234652
A234652 VIDEO
Best Seller
WEN by Chaz Dean Glossing Shine Serum Duo, 2 oz.
QVC Price:$36.00
4.2 of 5 Stars
(207 reviews)

___

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. So far the poof problem I feared hasn't materialized but my hair is still adjusting to being shorter and I'm still playing with how to style it.