WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: 613 & 319 body cleanser- menthol?

By the way, my choice not to use menthol on my skin isn't just about it tingling but the majority of studies I've read shows that it really isn't good for your skin, especially long term (inducing apoptosis, irritation, etc).. I know many don't believe this but I  personally appreciate and trust scientific studies. Just my personal feelings on it.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

By the way, my choice not to use menthol on my skin isn't just about it tingling but the majority of studies I've read shows that it really isn't good for your skin, especially long term (inducing apoptosis, irritation, etc).. I know many don't believe this but I  personally appreciate and trust scientific studies. Just my personal feelings on it.

Oh, I thought you had a sensitivity/ allergy. It is certainly your choice what to use or not use on your body for your own reasons.

Mine is purely hypersensitivity due to my nerve damage. So thats why I am going to try it out and see if I have an issue or not. I have a feeling its something I will love as I love the way my skin feels when I use CC in the shower.

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Thanks @nikki48 for the info but still a pass for me. I don't use menthol on my skin.

Enjoy it for all those that get it!

Yeah, I think I'll be passing too. Even if it doesn't give you that cooling sensation on your skin like the SAM BCC I think I can do without it.

Honored Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

Chaz just did a demo of the 319 BCT as a facial cleanser on Periscope. He has been using it with his clarisonic. I think I will experiment with this.

@nikki48 sorry but what does BCT stand for? LOL as soon as I think I have all the acronymns down pat a new one pops up!

@HappyDaze Body cleansing treatment

Ahh okay. I've only seen it referred to as  BCC before- body cleansing cream. Hence my confusion Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I know that Chaz say's that you can use the seasonal CC's as a face wash. Performance wise is there any benefit to using the new BC over the seasonal CC. I would only use it on my face (not my body) so I am wondering if I should order this or just continue with what I have been using. TIA

Respected Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

I know that Chaz say's that you can use the seasonal CC's as a face wash. Performance wise is there any benefit to using the new BC over the seasonal CC. I would only use it on my face (not my body) so I am wondering if I should order this or just continue with what I have been using. TIA

@Love4cats I use the CCs for face & body occasionally. I'm gonna wait for reviews on the the new BC. I'm hoping it might be included in the March TSV

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't understand why Chaz uses so much menthol in his products!!!  Oh how  I wish

he would cut down on it a bit! After all these yrs I am all mentholed out and if I smell

another wiff of strong  menthol I am gonna.............(go back to shampoo)

Who on earth likes it in their body products  ................Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I just don't understand why Chaz uses so much menthol in his products!!!  Oh how  I wish

he would cut down on it a bit! After all these yrs I am all mentholed out and if I smell

another wiff of strong  menthol I am gonna.............(go back to shampoo)

Who on earth likes it in their body products  ................Smiley Sad

@MalteseMomma I don't know, it is frustrating. I wish he'd expand the "Kids" line a bit more since they are menthol free- maybe do some more moisturizing and less super sweet candy like scents. I don't know what to make of the fact that he doesn't think Kid's products need (or shouldn't have?) the menthol  but adult products do? And I don't think I've ever seen it used in any body products, at least not in the ones I've tried and I've tried many. I've seen Eucalyptus oil and similar oils like that but not menthol. I do not use WEN on my scalp anymore due to the menthol.

Respected Contributor

Hi.  I heard on the face book site long ago that menthol is a "good thing" in cleansing.  Chaz wants NO suds, nothing that lathers so cleansing agents are kind of still needed.  I get it what you're saying though.  I used the FGP on my whole body and the 613 CC on whole body and felt like I was plunged into an ice bowl.  However.....dum datta dum dum daaaaaaaaaaaa......I got the new 613 body cleansing treatment and I'm gonna use it today in the shower.  I guess I'll see how it goes. 

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi.  I heard on the face book site long ago that menthol is a "good thing" in cleansing.  Chaz wants NO suds, nothing that lathers so cleansing agents are kind of still needed.  I get it what you're saying though.  I used the FGP on my whole body and the 613 CC on whole body and felt like I was plunged into an ice bowl.  However.....dum datta dum dum daaaaaaaaaaaa......I got the new 613 body cleansing treatment and I'm gonna use it today in the shower.  I guess I'll see how it goes. 

@77yangya It would be a whole lot easier to figure out which post you're referencing if you clicked the Reply box for the post that you're responding to and then click the Quote button.

Since you mentioned the cooling feeling of using the Wen CC on your body and I talked about menthol feeling like you're coming out of an ice bath I assume it's my post you're referring to.

I'm not sure I really understand what you mean, though. Who said that menthol is a good thing? Chaz? Of course he's going to say that since he puts it in 99.9% of his CCs! I don't see what adding menthol to a product has to do with cleansing, though, since the menthol isn't the cleansing agent so I'm a little lost as to what you're trying to say in your post.