WEN

Honored Contributor

613 & 319 body cleanser- menthol?

[ Edited ]

I hope the ingredients for these are wrong on Chazdean.com as they contain menthol. If I remember correctly, the other body cleansers do not so I'd be surprised if these really do? I was thinking of trying the 319 but not if it has menthol in it.

ETA: just did a quick check and yes, the other body cleansers don't seem to contain menthol so hopefully the website just has the incorrect ingredients listed, like the CC ingredient list instead.

Respected Contributor

Re: 613 & 319 body cleanser- menthol?

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

I hope the ingredients for these are wrong on Chazdean.com as they contain menthol. If I remember correctly, the other body cleansers do not so I'd be surprised if these really do? I was thinking of trying the 319 but not if it has menthol in it.

ETA: just did a quick check and yes, the other body cleansers don't seem to contain menthol so hopefully the website just has the incorrect ingredients listed, like the CC ingredient list instead.

@HappyDaze I agree. I don't understand why you would need menthol in a body cleanser. I tried the SAM body cleanser and although it doesn't contain menthol it does have some sort of mint in it. That was really uncomfortable. I felt like I had just gotten out of an ice bath.

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze I agree. I don't understand why you would need menthol in a body cleanser. I tried the SAM body cleanser and although it doesn't contain menthol it does have some sort of mint in it. That was really uncomfortable. I felt like I had just gotten out of an ice bath.

@HSB1204 oh yeah, I remember the SAM BC as I got a little sample from my friend. It does have some type of mint in it and I just dislike that cooling sensation mint and menthol give. I can't even use icy hot and other topical things that give that feeling. I didn't even like vicks vapor rub on my chest when I was little! I am hoping it is is just a misprint. It seems like at one point one of the other body cleansers ingredients showed menthol (I think it was Lavender??) and that was a label misprint. I believe I read that a few years ago.

Trusted Contributor

I also hope its a misprint. I dont have any issue with methol other than I am a sensitive female, lol. Soooo when I cleanse with CC I have to avoid areas. It would be nice to have a body cleanser that I can use even in the bathtub.

Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) has some sort of mint extract I'm sure, did you guys try another scent?

#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

It's got to be a mistake. I remember in the past on QVC listings that they have put up ingredient lists for other products by mistake before. And yes, I'm with nikki, I'm not putting menthol on certain areas. I've only used the lotions though and not the body cleanser.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

I hope it is a mistake! If not, I won't be buying.
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HSB1204 oh yeah, I remember the SAM BC as I got a little sample from my friend. It does have some type of mint in it and I just dislike that cooling sensation mint and menthol give. I can't even use icy hot and other topical things that give that feeling. I didn't even like vicks vapor rub on my chest when I was little! I am hoping it is is just a misprint. It seems like at one point one of the other body cleansers ingredients showed menthol (I think it was Lavender??) and that was a label misprint. I believe I read that a few years ago.

@HappyDaze I think maybe it was the POM BCC where they listed menthol as one of the ingredients. I know we had a discussion about this before and for some reason I'm thinking it was POM but I'm not sure.

Respected Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

I also hope its a misprint. I dont have any issue with methol other than I am a sensitive female, lol. Soooo when I cleanse with CC I have to avoid areas. It would be nice to have a body cleanser that I can use even in the bathtub.

Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) has some sort of mint extract I'm sure, did you guys try another scent?

@nikki48 I've tried the POM BCC and I didn't detect any menthol or mint in that one.

Trusted Contributor

I asked Chaz on Periscope and he said he didnt think so but he wasnt sure. I guess we have to wait until QVC puts it up.

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm also hoping it's not as expensive as the original.  That's the biggest reason I never tried it.