WEN

Honored Contributor

613 EDT darker color than 613 EDP

Has anyone had this happen? I've my 613 EDT since it came out, so over a year I'd say. I just got the 613 EDP in the set with SHP and I noticed that the EDP is almost clear colored while my EDT version looks yellow. I think it was always that color but now I can't remember. Could it be darkening and going bad already? It smells fine, it's always been out of direct sunlight. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Re: 613 EDT darker color than 613 EDP

@jaxs mom

I have that EDT too.  I am thinking it is from June 2014.  I checked the EDT and EDP after reading your post.  The EDT does have a slightly more yellowing tinge. But I see a very slight yellow in the EDP also but it just might be the reflection of light.

Honored Contributor

Thanks

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom I have both too & the EDT is a little darker than the EDP. I don't think there's anything to be concerned about.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't know this answer but by complete accident in a class I had in college this exact question came up. LOL I know, your going to laugh but it was in my pharmacology class, we learn about drug composition among other things in that course. 

Apparently because fragrances usually have natural oil in them even with proper storage the color of the contents is likely to change. It does not mean the fragrance has turned bad on you unless of course the fragrance smells off to you, that is a different ball of wax. Smiley Happy

in the case of Six Thirteen EDP or EDT the base contains vanilla and in high concentrations vanilla base perfumes as they age will turn anywhere from yellow to a light brown color. It made more sense to me when I thought about a vanilla bean and what would happen if you soaked it in alcohol that begins it's life clear, it would draw the color of the vanilla bean out eventually giving the alcohol a yellow to brown tinge depending on how long it sat.

I hope that helps ease your mind a bit. I have a bottle of LaVanila fragrance that actually has a brown tinge to it and still smell lovely! They put a lot of natural ingredients and oils into their fragrances as well so I would expect that because Chaz tends to make things with a lot of natural oils and extracts eventually my EDP and EDT will change quite a bit over time. Smiley Happy

Nicole 💕

PS I just want to clarify that when I said your exact question, I did not mean the exact same fragrance, but about whether if the change in color of a student's fragrance meant it was no longer good... Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My EDT also has a slight brownish yellow color. I have noticed this with the 613 cc and RTM also. Even my Wen pets has turned to a brownish yellow color. I just assumed it was the essential oils and extracts that are turning color. It still smells the same. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!