Honored Contributor

Re: What is your upcoming travel plan, if any?

@chprsp wrote:

Cape May, NJ is one of the places on my list. I'm lucky to have a great boarding kennel nearby with ac and heated runs. There are several large exercise yards and the dogs go out 6 times a day and they'll groom them.We used to take 2 week trips but lately have settled for one week trips. Boarding costs add up for 3 large dogs and my husband's health is not the best.

We stopped traveling for a while as the other boarding kennel was not acceptable. No exercise yard and the 2 dogs we had at the time smelled terrible when we picked them up. Once our current boarding kennel opened up we resumed taking a couple trips a year.

I have Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.  They are my shadow.  This breed does not do well when they are away from their family.  My sister has watched one dog while I took the other one to a different state for a doctor's visit.  The poor dog sat and looked out the window the whole 9 hours were were gone and whimpered and cried.  So, now we take both dogs together everywhere. She has watched both them for two days, but they did the same thing... sit by the window and cry.

I have had dogs that we left at a doctor's wife house.  She watches dogs in her home and even allows them on her furniture. The doctor and his wife live on a gentlemans farm and have all kinds of pets. I trust her 100%, but this time around, it can't be done.  Cavaliers NEED to be with their companions.  Good thing they travel well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

Alter Ego - STOP IT, I am going with YOU!!!! I'm so jealous!!

I also looked into the cruise to Cuba but NOVEMBER, what a trip.  Please post every detail of your trips.

LOL - if mom can't make it, I'll let you know!!  Smiley Wink

Seriously, I enjoyed doing my live posts from Australia, but think, for a couple of reasons, that this particular cruise will be a post report.  (1) If I'm with mom, she's my highest priority and (2) I've posted on a few deleted threads that dealt with Cuba travel.  I don't want the distinction of being the first thread deleted from the Travel Forum before my trip is over!  That being said, I may post live on Cruise Critic (I've never done that before and find that people there make too many demands of people who do! So, that's iffy.  I will post here eventually.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carmie how lucky they're good travellers. I think the reason ours do well at the kennel is because they have each other. We certainly couldn't take the boys with us at 195, 130, and 85 pounds. Sometimes I wish I could shrink them for travel. Lol.

A friend has Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and they shadow her.

We need to decide which days we'll be at DH's Norfolk reunion then make reservations at the kennel. Each day there are day tours. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks I am also on cruise critics so I will look for your postings.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have visited most of the destinations mentioned in the original post. That will be a fabulous trip. The day tours of the wine districts near Bordeaux are fabulous, and Bordeaux is a great city. Bring comfortable shoes to St Emilion. It is a town with very steep hills. Sarlat is beautiful. Don't miss market day.

This June, my husband and I will be returning to Québec City. Although I love France, I don't want to be looking over my shoulder every time I head for the Métro. We can drive to Québec. Avoiding international flights is another plus. I shall speak to the Québécois in my formal French and they will talk to me with their North American twang. 

Trusted Contributor

I am chaperoning a trip to Vienna, Budapest & Prague with about 29 students from our high school.  We are going over spring break.  The students are 9th thru 12th grade; a few parents are coming also.  There will be 2 male chaperones and me.  We are a little nervous about this trip.  We always have a tour director who stays with us the entire trip and tour guides in each country we visit, but this will be the first time we really don't know the language(s) at all!  But the kids are really looking forward to the trip.

I had never been to Europe until about 9 years ago.  The school where I work offers a trip every year.  Last year I chaperoned a trip to London & Paris, and we had 44 students!  We started in Paris, went to Normandy, drove to Calais and took a ferry over to Dover.  From there we went to Canterbury (loved!) and onto London.  Our students LOVED London.  

Trusted Contributor

chprsp,

I absolutely Heart Cape May!  

I used to take my nephews for a few days in the summer when they were young and I got to bond and spoil them.  We then started going over Columbus weekend for the Halloween activities.

Now that my cousin lives outside of Lewes, DE, I usually drive to CM and take the ferry over to Lewes.  

I have already told my nephews that when I die, I want my ashes spread in CM.  I'll get to live there someday!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

No travel plans for this year. One DS is getting married this summer. Other DS is stationed in Germany. I would like to visit him next fall. Was only to Europe once before, over 30 years ago, B.C. (Before Children)

Esteemed Contributor

I will be traveling from my backyard to my front yard.   

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

I actually get homesick if I'm gone too long.

I'm not much of a traveler.   I understand.

@ncascade wrote:

Jaspers Mom: We love our house. Do not like crowds. We just like to stay home.

I am with you guys.  Hate to travel !!!  Hate to fly, and hate being in a car for hours.