Honored Contributor

Luggage Review - Lori Greiner

[ Edited ]

I talked quite a bit on the Travel Chat thread about the two pieces of Lori Greiner's line that I purchased sometime back, but just got a chance to use this past week. Here is my review.

I purchased her Weekender bag (H201762) in leopard and also got, thanks to @gacat123, the "as is" of the matching travel tote with 4 organizers (H209188), which  must have been a display model, because there wasn't a scratch on it, and the 4 organizers inside were still sealed in their plastic pouches.

I flew to Palm Beach, Florida, for a conference, and the plane was a 737. The overhead bins are not huge, but big enough to get her bag up into it. Although she says it fits easily in most planes, I find that the square configuration of her Weekender bag can make it a little harder to put in the 737. Any plane larger than that is no problem at all. My older rectangular shaped carry-on is not as thick and lays down flatter, so it would not have caused concern if I had taken it.

That being said, the bag held everything I wanted for the time I was gone. I particularly like how the toiletries bag snaps easily in and out of the bag. I purposely left it hooked to the bag itself and easily rolled the entire bag into the bathroom. I wanted to see how I liked using it that way, since many places I go to overseas have only a pedestal sink and not a lot of room to lay articles out on a counter. And, of course, I can unsnap it out of the bag and hang it on a doorknob.

For those of us who love Lug bags, but hate that some do not have a way to lock the bag for safety once we leave the room, Lori's has zipper tabs that accommodate a lock. 

There are a lot of pockets and organization to the bag; however, the outside pouches on both sides can make you bump into things if you are rolling the bag behind you instead of using the 360 wheels and having it glide alongside you. I'm used to pulling the bag behind me, and feel I will have to change the way I use it so I don't keep hitting the sides of people's legs while I try to pass them. 

I was able to get all the clothes I wanted into the bag, but you should be aware that if you fill the snap-in toiletries organizer too full, you may not get as many clothes inside that you wanted to take. The toiletry bag must have room to lay across the top of your clothes.

Also, I note that when Lori demonstrates how much you can get in the bag, when it comes to shoes, she pulls out a few pairs of sandals or flats, perhaps very short heels. I needed to get a pair of regular covered shoes and tennis shoes in the bag. Those take up way more room than the thin sandals she shows. And the T's and other tops she shows (I think she said 8 of them) are much thinner than anything I wanted to pack.

As to the Travel Tote w/4 Organizers, it was excellent. In fact, I didn't need the 4 organizers at all, because the Weekender had enough sections to fill. The tote was a great matching companion and I looked pretty spiffy in the airport with my leopard bag and tote! ha! In fact, for those of you who have been to the Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa, you know that it is a high end place. Glad the room and food were paid for and I didn't have to shell out the money for the stay. So I looked pretty cool walking into that place with my leopard bags.

I put my Dooney and Bourke in the tote for use once I arrived at the conference; the tote is large enough to accommodate that. Plus the tote carried my iPad and various other items that I wanted quick access to. In fact, I took magazines from home that I hadn't had time to read yet. The tote was large enough for me to include eight magazines with the D&B bag, etc. And I could zip it up easily.

As this was a test run for possible use on my six-week trip this summer, I feel confident that I will use the weekender. I'm not sure about the tote, because I think all I need is the new Lug KickFlip2 (F12618) that @gacat123 forced me to buy! Smiley LOL Plus I have the Lug Can Can (F12216), both of which will be great while traveling.

Hope this was helpful for anyone considering these items. Heart

Were I to do it again, I might not get the leopard. It is classy looking, but except for using it at the Palm Beach place, it's color design makes it a bit more "out in your face" than I like to be when I travel. Low key is the way I like to go. Not showy. Had I given it more thought, I would probably have gone with the black.....dull, not so showy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Luggage Review - Lori Greiner

Thanks for the detailed review!  I can just imagine you looked pretty spiffy walking into that hotel with your leopard print bags!

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

Thank you for this very detailed evaluation of your Lori Greiner Luggage experience!  

If you like that Leopard design that is all that matters!  Animal prints are always in style and quite classic. I think you just need some comfortable Leopard flats to match?  (uh oh)  ?? 

I get in trouble putting WILD ideas into your head! LOL   

Question: Do you put your liquids into a one quart zip lock type bag for plane travel /TSA? I am not sure how that works with your snap in/out set up. Plane travel is SO different than car travel and I have  *re-figure* my personal liquid items.   What about a cream/ointment item that is in an opaque tube? Does that have to go in the 1quart bag?  (confusing)  

Tell us more about your DB Tote. I love DB and have one in HerringBone Black/White that is very University of Alabama ROLL TIDE! I have another zip zip in caramel I love and a nice leather smaller cross body with Red BAMA   *A's*  all over it.  (QVC Purchased)

My every day go to bag is a microfiber black/Leather straps medium backpack style by DKNY that is about a hundred years old and still going strong and looking good!   

My last plane trip I dragged my Red Swiss carry on wheeled bag and used a large black leather tote by Joy Mangano sitting on top of the carry on. The tote fit under the seat with my black backpack bag in it to use later. I like the new spinny wheel cases I saw rolling by.  

I am looking for a spinny wheel carry on but my OLD red one is paid for and still works. The next one I buy needs to be compliant with international travel requirements. (SMALL) But if we go to Europe we may take his large American Tourister bag and check it. ??

DH found a nice black rolling business tote at Target (American Tourister) for his laptop and I-Pad. The computer bag on the shoulder was getting tiresome and heavy. This new tote fits under the plane seat in front of him and he has no complaints at this time.  

Thanks again for the Lori Greiner Evaluation!  DH's recent DC trip notes to follow soon. 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

Question: Do you put your liquids into a one quart zip lock type bag for plane travel /TSA? I am not sure how that works with your snap in/out set up. Plane travel is SO different than car travel and I have  *re-figure* my personal liquid items.   What about a cream/ointment item that is in an opaque tube? Does that have to go in the 1quart bag?  (confusing)  

@gacat123 Yes, I use the 3-1-1 plastic bag with the liquids; however, because I have TSA PreCheck, I don't have to take them out of my luggage.

But if they need to see them, as they did when I left for the trip to Florida (PreCheck line was closed down on one of the four legs of the trip!), the liquids were all together. I was able to go thru that special line, but when I got to the conveyor belt, then I had to take the liquids out. I did not have to take off my shoes, belt, etc., but for that one check-in, I had to remove the plastic bag. Bummer!

And on another leg of that trip, after going thru the PreCheck line they wanted to go thru my carry-on. Couldn't figure out why, but what bothered them for some reason was that I had 3-4 books that were given to me at the conference. I am sure they have people with books go thru all the time, but there was something that seemed suspicious to them. The bad thing about them going to the bottom of my carry-on to take a look at the books is that when they put everything back, it was a total mess. I was in a hurry to get to the gate and didn't take the time to put everything back nicely. That caused the bag to be bulging in one area, making it fit a little tighter up in the overhead bin.

I not only put liquids in the quart plastic bag, but I put my toothpaste and any other little tubes of gel/cream. I even put my liquid lipstick because it showed liquid thru the clear tube. Otherwise, I don't normally put that in the quart bag.

Hooray to whoever it was that recommended a long time ago that you can use contact lens containers for small amounts of cream or gel. I did that instead of trying to take full jars. What a brilliant idea! Will do that again.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler

DH has made comment that he would like all  TSA  to be consistent in all airports!! ??

Each airport TSA  station can be different and that can be so frustrating.  

He has the PRE-CHEK and I get the same benefits when traveling along with him.   YAY!  

I appreciate any travel ideas we can share here on our new  *TRAVEL FORUM* !!   

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler  

I just spotted a  Lori Greiner  Ultimate Cosmetic Organizer Case  # H 2 1 1 0 3 3  

Leopard is available and size is 12"W  x 9 1/2"H  5"L 

$39.98   S/H $3.00      F Y I  !!!  

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@World Traveler  

I just spotted a  Lori Greiner  Ultimate Cosmetic Organizer Case  # H 2 1 1 0 3 3  

Leopard is available and size is 12"W  x 9 1/2"H  5"L 

$39.98   S/H $3.00      F Y I  !!!  

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

@gacat123 Stop it! You are a bad influence on me!!! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just bought the 'as is'  weekender for my daughter- she's in school to be a teacher. It has a new item number.  H213305. Lots of color choices are available right now!  

Trusted Contributor

Dear World Traveler,

Thank you so much for your detailed report. I m sure that you looked fabulous and totally put together at your Conference in Palm Beach. For other occasions you might consider the incognito style however you were in Florida animal print it is!🌻

Esteemed Contributor

I just received H213305 - 'as is' in blue. It was BRAND NEW! I examined it closely as it ended up being a 'backorder' a day or two after the order was placed. I didn't have high hopes Woman Frustrated - but there wasn't even  one mark on the wheels. And even the clear sticker was over the logo plate!  I was so pleased!!! Woman Happy