Super Contributor

Re: Do you like to travel solo or only with others?

You cruise alone

@Mz iMac wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I've never travelled "international" solo.  Fact is it never crossed my mind to do so.

@Mz iMac Soooooooo........maybe now you will think about it? Smiley Very Happy  It does cause you to be more alert, because you don't have someone else to depend upon.

@World Traveler

I'll have to test the waters first.  Now that I have graduated to 2+ weeks cruises, I'll take a solo next year....maybe.  If it works out, then I'll try a solo European or African trip.

You cruise alone? That is great! I'd do it, but the single supplements are so expensive. 

Super Contributor

China was my first sort of trip alone. I met a group of nurses and we went on a tour of China--seeing medical care, hospitals as well as the normal sites. I met some nice people, but on tours there is always that one person......

I think you are very brave to have gone to China by yourself/1

Respected Contributor

I love traveling alone. The best vacation of my life was the three days I spent in Prince Edward Island. I had done some thorough research and had numerous places I wanted to check out (my main goal was to buy every book I could on L.M. Montgomery, author of Anne of Green Gables.)

I was hugely successful: I had about 20 books shipped home, and bought an extra duffel bag to handle the rest. I saw every tourist attraction possible, and ate sumptuous meals (oh, the clotted cream! the lobster!).

Then I went happily home to my young sons: perfection..