Regular Contributor

how to care for royal palace rugs

I have several RP rugs and love them all. Sadly, i need to use the beater brush on my vac, which is not recommended, because otherwise i could not get up all of the dog hair. This leaves the rugs much more matted down. Anyway, the runner is a high traffic area and it is now filthy. Does anyone know how to clean these and make them fresh again?

Honored Contributor

Re: how to care for royal palace rugs

When I lived in CA, I had a local dry cleaner who took smaller carpets in "over the counter".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

A pipe broke in the shower above my RP living room rug some years ago. I assumed the rug was "toast" but it was covered by my insurance so I sent it off to a well established reputable independent local rug cleaning firm.

Cost $100 for the cleaning, came back as good as new, still in my living room.

Royal Palace has earned my loyalty, and I love mine.

Honored Contributor

DISCLAIMER this is probably not approved by the manufacturer

I have several smaller RP rugs that I've had for over a decade, and I have cleaned them with the regular vacuum cleaner with the beater bar at full speed, with no side effects.

I also have used my steam carpet cleaners on them, with great results. 

I've seen no fading, very little shedding, and they still look like new.

Esteemed Contributor

I have dogs and  Royal Palace rugs (ivory)  all over my house. In the high traffic area I run my Bissel steam carpet cleaner over them and they look like new. Years ago I had all of my carepts and rug professionally cleaned and it cost a fortune!  I now use my Dysons and the Bissels and they all look great, clean and are still looking like new.

Honored Contributor

I had a couple RP rugs, but moved them along when I changed color themes.  I used my rug shampooer on them.  No issues.

Honored Contributor

I have RP rugs all over my house and use my Oreck sweeper on them just about every other day because I have 2 cats. I have one at my front door that is 20 years old in burgundy that has only been  shampooed with my little Bissel once and it still looks good.