Honored Contributor

These were a huge customer pick when they were in stock. They were always sold out when I went to look for them.

Problem is, I don't think it's a good time of year to be selling/buying these! Maybe if it were the beginning of summer or even late spring.  I like them a lot. I just don't really have a place for them.

Honored Contributor

I think they would be great to use at Christmas time.  You could outline them in lights and use them as a backdrop for something outside, use them on a patio with lights on them, put them around an outdoor lighted deer or something like that.  

The holly and the ivy you know, both in the forest grow. . . 

Lots of lighted items would look nice attached to one of these and it might be easier to secure than the item alone. . .

Honored Contributor

"Tacky" and "ugly"........always in the eye of the beholder.

Smiley b wink.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased one of these in the early garden shows and love it. I needed a very tall trellis for a climbing vine in my patio area. the ones that I had were too short for the vine and it was starting to block the gate. I spent more on one 6' trellis than two of these cost today.

This is made stronger than it looks on tv. It really does the job nicely to disquise an area that isn't the best view or to block a view. For my needs, this works. I think I paid more for my one than these two today.  

Esteemed Contributor

There is no way these leaves would hold up in the direct Florida sun for very long.  They would fade and start to fall apart after a year or two.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I am thinking the same thing for the west side of my covered patio, just about the time we want to have dinner out there, that evening sun is right in our face and making it too hot. I think all it would take is a couple hooks to hang it, and It would be prettier than a bamboo shade IMO.

Super Contributor

love the before and after pics ...Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Now I have to say I think it is a very odd TSV and at first looking at it I thought that is just ridiculous and it would not be anything I would ever consider using. Then I really started looking at it and I thought if you had an area where you really wanted privacy it could work. Now I would buy more than one and double them up so I had really thick coverage and it would look a lot more realistic. If you wanted to cover one side of a patio partion, hide some unsightly thing like a propane tank. You could build a wood box aroung it and then use the fake ivy fence to cover the boards . There are several ways this might really work and cover up some ugly thing or give you some sort of privacy that you didn't have. I think you would definitely have to make sure you secured it well so that it held up during bad weather but it could turn something ugly and unsightly to something pleasant to look at.

Trusted Contributor

I just laughed, told my DH to look at it and rolled my eyes.  Really??  It looks like those old baby gates.

Oh my goodness!

Honored Contributor

@3suwm5  Sorry you have such a negative opinion of them.  Mine have beee installed for a few months now and still look gorgeous!