Respected Contributor

Why only a 60 day MFG. Warranty on CE Air Fryer TSV?

I have read about various air fryers and it seems many Consumers are thankful they have  a 1 year warranty still in effect, especially after their air fryer malfunctioned.

I always buy an electrical item with at least a minumum of a 1 year warranty.

I looked at the CE today's special value and was extremely disappointed they are only offering a 60 day warranty.

I've tried a few air fryers from various sellers and unfortunately sent them back before 30 days due to digital error malfunctions, and was hoping to try this one.

A few friends bought Emeril's Air Fryer with the  2 dials and returned them for various problematic reasons.

I would have, tried this CE air fryer, had it offered at least a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, and am highly dissapointed it does not.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why only a 60 day MFG. Warranty on CE Air Fryer TSV?

Amazon has the original Phillips analog Air Fryer on sale. It has a one year warranty. 

Nu Wave has an Air Fryer called Brio its the same price and only 3.5 quarts, but it has a 1 year warranty. I would like to get the TSV but only a 60 day warranty, I am thinking of getting the Nu Wave one, Besides I dont really need a 5 Quart basket!

Super Contributor

I purchased the other cooks essentials tsv and there was a chip in the basket it was 60 days past but there was a toll free number in the paperwork to cooks essentials and they sent me a new on free and said the qvc warranty is 60 days but 1 yr through cooks essentials. By the way my old one is working fine and I ordered the new one. Check your paperwork.

New Contributor

I have pre-ordered four of these for Christmas gifts. It just became apparent to me that the warrantee will have expired by the time they are opened! I just checked with QVC Customer Service, and they confirmed this. Of course they reminded me that the gift recipients will have until 1/31/17 to return the air fryers, which basically decreases the warantee period even more.

I'm torn because these would have been great gifts for my family members. I wonder why Cooks Essentials decided to give only a 60 warantee. I've been shopping around for air fryers and it seems that other brands (even on QVC) have warantees for 1 year. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Emeril air fryer since it was the TSV over a month ago. Absolutely no problems with any part of it. We use it every day and the basket has no chipping. Easy clean up. Not over powering on the counter either. I have had no problem

with the dials either. With any you buy there will be a few with problems but I also would not buy one with a 60 day warranty. Maybe with all the concerns on the forum maybe QVC will read them and extend it to 1 year. I also was going to buy this to have a second larger air fryer until I saw the warranty. I would buy another of Emerils if he came out with a larger one in the future. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

They must not have much confidence in the product if they don't give it a year.i was think ing of getting one for my son but he might not get around to trying it before the end of the return period.

Super Contributor

I purchased the first CE Air Fryer and have had no problems with it. Not sure when it was the TSV, but it has to be almost six months and it's going strong!  So happy I got it!

Honored Contributor

The functional life of pretty much every product can be plotted by a graph that looks like the cross-section of an old style bathtub. There are a lot of failed products initially due to manufacturing defects and damage from shipping. This results in a large number of failures very early on. That number then falls off sharply and stays low for an extended period of time before gradually climbing. 

As a rule, manufacturers time their warranties so the warranties cover that initial wave of failed products and the flat bottom of the bathtub, but then expires as the number of failures start to increase. Now, that doesn't mean a product will die the day the warranty expires, but the likelihood of failure increases after the warranty expires. Manufacturers generally know how long the product is expected to function properly before problems start to arise, so if a product only has a sixty day warranty, you can assume the the bottom of the bathtub curve/graph ends in sixty days and that gradual increase in failures will then start. Your product might last ten years, but statistically they're expecting problems to increase at the end of the warranty period. 

The bathtub curve/graph is pretty uniform across every product made. The shape varies slightly from product to product, but typically you get a lot of failure initially, then a long quiet period with few failures (the warranty period) then an increase in failures to the end of life for the product.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

QVC is 60 days but there is a year through Cooks Essentials. I have the last one and it's clearly stated. Same as most products purchased in stores.