Trusted Contributor

Re: Where did they come up with this ugly bathing suit?

That suit even make the models look like they are built like a block.  Even the skinny models have absolutely no waist in it!  The fabric is pretty, but that's the only thing I can say positive about it.

Trusted Contributor

@ILTH....

I did hear the vendor say that about Jackie this morning. I did not think the first picture of Jackie as flattering as the TSV, but your perception and the ability to articulate what was very wrong was excellent.

Jackie has worked all day...saw her early this morning and then after work today....
Esteemed Contributor

I thought that the suit looked nice on Deanna and Jaqui. Jaqui is a plus sized model and the before photo where she's wearing a tight tank and brief isn't flattering but the suit with the ruffles is. One thing that people don't think about is if they are going to go swimming in the ocean or a swimming pool with waves like they have at wave parks is that a lower cut top can be pulled downward by the wave actions as water gets between you and the suit. A higher neckline with solve this. Also some women do not want to expose their decollete to the sun due to past sun damage and this suit will also help keep that area covered as well.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

I cannot think of one person this would flatter.  A double row of flounces?  ONe of the ugliest bathing suits I have ever seen.

Thanks SO MUCH for asking!

They came "up with it" for people with ugly bodies like mine!

After 3 pregnancy losses, 2 live births, life's overwhelming stresses, gaining and losing 85+ pounds. my body looks like something from Star Wars, so this swim wear is not "ugly" for me at all!

And "flatter" me? A mighty tough job! But if it covers SOME of my numerous body flaws, for ME it rates A+!

Love your response.Heart Heart

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

STill available in all colors and sizes.  IT would appear not to be a great seller.

When I watched last night during IS, they had sold over 50,000 of them.

I'd say that's pretty darn good. 

Honored Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

I am rapidly approaching age 60.  I have had three pregnancies, one miscarriage and 2 C-sections. I own a suit similar to this and it is a very flattering look for those of us with post-pregnancy bodies or other "issues".  What I find very hard to "see" is women who should not wear bikinis under any circumstances, prancing around thinking they look like they did in their teens, twenties and thirties. I often wonder, do they own a mirror and did they actually look the situation over before they left the house?  Now if they are proud of their look, fine, but some of the things I see baffle me.  I am a product of my generation, the one that thought modesty was a good thing, and there are a lot of "looks" I just don't get.  JMHO worth what anyone reading this paid for it.

Oh so true - you would not believe what you see at the beach here.Very unattractive bodies in skimpy swimwear thinking they look fabulous, posing for pictures etc. Just because they sell them that size does not mean you should buy it. Baffles me too.

Valued Contributor

ITA! So well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

What is the item #?

Trusted Contributor

Well, were shoveling snow and I just bought a bathing suit. Not any different than buying summer t- shirts. I get very excited for spring and summer clothing. More so than for fall/ winter.
Trusted Contributor

Well I don't know where they came up with it but I'm certainly glad they did !! I received mine yesterday and I love it! I am 63 and long pass the years of wearing skimpy swimsuits! I normally wear a size 4 but got this in size 8 since it was the smallest they had and it fits perfectly and looks really good on'