Contributor

Re: Where did they come up with this ugly bathing suit?

I have a similar body type comparable to the model Jackie. I've tried several tiered suits and tankinis from lands end that other posters mentioned and I have to say that I did not like either style of swimsuit on me. The extra fabric of ruffles made me look heavier. I finally tried the swim dress style last year and I was shocked at how it fit my body type much better than the other suit types. I felt much more confident and it showed off my curves modestly. I watched the midnight presentation and thought Jackie looked much better in the swim dress than the TSV. She looked very good. Just my 2 cents.

Trusted Contributor

@software. When I was a girl people would dress up in the evening to go on the boardwalk, they wore rubber stoppers on spike heels, like on the bottom of canes.

Early 60s. And they came in different colors.

Esteemed Contributor

It has an odd neckline for a bathing suit, IMO.  

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

I've suspected it for some time  now, reading these forums, but this thread has convinced me: "Cute" is QVC-poster-speak for "I might not like it either, but I'm not going to join in with the meanies who are trashing it, so I'll say something meaninglessly positive because I'm nice."  Runner-up word: darling.

QVC's U.S. division does nearly $1.5B annually, if not more. They can take our feedback on the chin. We should be able to speak plainly here. It's not Facebook.

There is one point that may be fueling the negativity you see, which is that whenever QVC gives us something many feel is a fashion loser, they'v wasted an opportunity to give us something we'd like and could wear. The long-sleeved T-shirt with peplum took the spot that could have gone to a well-made classic in interesting colors or a really edgy top. The snoozer anorak could have been something snazzy that was actually long enough to protect against the rain. Today's offering could have been a genuinely flattering swimsuit that maybe not every person could wear, but most would look good in. Opportunity after opportunity wasted. It's vexing.

If you want edgy or snazzy, why on earth are you shopping at QVC???????

I'd like to see edgy or snazzy, but I don't want it for myself. I've never dressed that way, but cutting-edge fashion still fascinates me. It's amazing that people are still inventing new ways of clothing the human form and figuring out how to come up with fresh looks. That's why I loved Project Runway.

Respected Contributor

I don't get wet when I go to the pool. If this were 2 pieces, I'd be all over it.
Trusted Contributor

RollTideRoll2008.....

You just layout by the pool and never want to get wet? Don't you get hot? Sometimes I can't make it 10 minutes without jumping in to cool off....
Respected Contributor

I'm really just there because that's where my kid wants to be. I work on my tan, read trashy novels, and consume refreshing beverages.

It has to be super hot before I get in that water. People pee in that water.
Trusted Contributor

Lol....I am lucky, hardly anyone uses our pool at the condo... if there were a ton of kids getting in it I would probably feel differently
Trusted Contributor

Just want to add...you let your kids swim in pee?,,, lol just kidding around:-)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The vendor's sales pitch is to make women feel bad about themselves. Showing Jackie's before & after, the vendor just said,  "Look at Jackie. That is not helping her at all."  Then when she showed the before & after of the thinner model, the vendor said that that model has a good figure and looks good  in anything, even in the before picture.
Where's the indignation about this? It's not commenting on an article of clothing; it's denigrating a specific woman's body.  And,  btw, Jackie looked good in the before picture. As usual,  they put her in an outfit that's one size to small...that's all. There's nothing wrong with her body. 

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” -- George Orwell, 1984