Trusted Contributor

Re: Where did they come up with this ugly bathing suit?

I like it...it is very flattering.  You have something to think about while shoveling snow. 

Trusted Contributor

I love the high neck line especially if your big busted, but I don't care for all the ruffles and layers..I don't think it makes you look thinner, but it will hide "stuff"Smiley Wink

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

What I find ironic is the timing of this TSV.  People who are preparing to shovel snow aren't going to be watching swimsuit presentations.  The hosts can spin it any way they like, but this will be a dud.

Um.. They are selling them in stores in fact they put them out after Christmas.  People do go on vacations plus summer is just around the corner.

Respected Contributor

You're right - it's pretty bad.

Honored Contributor

I think it's cute, especially in the all black; I've never liked print bathing suits of any style.  I like the high neck that's tapered in to show off the shoulders.  I also think they did the right thing in getting rid of one of the layers; last year's had three layers instead of two. 

I live in a townhome development where we have a beautiful community pool area.  I'd feel comfortable enough in this to walk the several blocks inside the development without having to put on a hot opaque/terry cover-up.  Or, just put on a skort with it and still feel great.

Esteemed Contributor

I belong in the ugly body group.  69 years old, 5ft 4 and a size 16-18w!.  this suit with the flounces simply emphasis the worst aspects of a ugly body.  THere are so many more attractive and figure flattering suits than this that also provide good coverage.  WHen the models walk in this all you see is all that extra fabric adding bulk and bouncing around.  I am sticking to my opinion.  IT is ugly, ugly.

Valued Contributor

I like it also.  Very nice.

Respected Contributor

I guess I'm in the NO, I WOULD NOT WEAR IT category.  I like suits that cover up some of my 82 year old "figure".  But this one is a little over the top for me.  Too puffy.  I would wear something similar, but would rather see a little less ruffle, and maybe a different top, with wider straps. I'd get very tired of that tie pulling around my neck. Just MHO. 

Question, though.  Those poor models in the 4 inch heels!  Do any of you wear those with your swimwear?  I can't imagine wandering around the pool area in spikes. To me they look unnatural with a bathing suit.

Respected Contributor

I would not buy it for myself. When I saw it on the different size models. It seemed best suited to the plus size models like Jackie and Pam.  The tiny vendor looks lost in all that fabric.  Monica has too great a body to cover with all that fabric.  My point:  good for some; not so great for others.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I belong in the ugly body group.  69 years old, 5ft 4 and a size 16-18w!.  this suit with the flounces simply emphasis the worst aspects of a ugly body.  THere are so many more attractive and figure flattering suits than this that also provide good coverage.  WHen the models walk in this all you see is all that extra fabric adding bulk and bouncing around.  I am sticking to my opinion.  IT is ugly, ugly.

"IT is ugly, ugly" TO YOU. It is your total absolute unquestioned right to state that you HATE IT. It is not your right to use SUBJECTIVE LANGUAGE ("ugly, ugly") to describe it and expect to make your statement unchallenged.

You have read several posters who have said "I think....." or similar comments to describe either LIKING or HATING this garment.

Your insistence in using subjective adjectives, rather than using action words to describe what you think, weakens rather than strengthens your comments.

Express you opinion aggressively, but do it in action language.