Valued Contributor

Watched AM Style for 1st time in a long time today

I used to watch AM Style regularly on Sat. mornings which meant waking up early (I'm on West coast) but it was something I really enjoyed.

Over the years that kind of got phased out of life but I woke up super early today and turned on the Q.

I was so disappointed in AM Style!  I bought nothing, wasn't even tempted and what's with all the winter offerings.  We don't all live where it's going to be 20 below and snowing for the next 6 months, nor are we all headed to a ski vacation.  For all the people, and there's lots of us, who live in the southern states we will be wearing capris, short sleeve or at least 3/4 sleeve tops for months to come, so why not try selling to us too? 

I thought Leah looked silly dressed the way she was, it made me hotter just looking at her. It'll be 100 here today and my A/C runs all day!  QVC should realize we are not all living in the PA and think of the rest of us when selecting products for show.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Watched AM Style for 1st time in a long time today

I woke to see the TSV on the show.  I was disappointed as I wanted the MUK LUKS to feature all their various shoes/boots. 

Like you, I live in SO CA and we just DON'T have cold winters.  Who needs all the wraps and scarves?  We acan look attractive and se*y with a plain leather jacket and form fitting clothes and nice shoes and boots. 

I like Leah.  WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT ANY OF THE HOSTS IS - why do they have to have such an act?  Why such phoney and playful antics.  It's so much engaging when they must act like mature adults, speak and then let YOU decide if you'd like the product at all.  I"ve turned off the volume and honestly, don't tune into the Q anymore. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I used to enjoy that program more than any of the other QVC offerings.  However, more and more they're showing less and less in the way of clothing.    Mostly accessories, beauty items and an incessant presentation of whatever the TSV might be.  And so many of the presentations go on and on.  Oh......and please......enough of the OBI belt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

QVC is no different than any other retailer.  They will be promoting warm clothes and Christmas decor now through the end of the year.  The plus though is you can still get some summer clothing online.  

Trusted Contributor

It's  called "hard sell".  And it's wrong for infomercial type TV selling.  I am surprised  anyone watches Q now that most of the selling is done like this.

Esteemed Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

I used to watch AM Style regularly on Sat. mornings which meant waking up early (I'm on West coast) but it was something I really enjoyed.

Over the years that kind of got phased out of life but I woke up super early today and turned on the Q.

I was so disappointed in AM Style!  I bought nothing, wasn't even tempted and what's with all the winter offerings.  We don't all live where it's going to be 20 below and snowing for the next 6 months, nor are we all headed to a ski vacation.  For all the people, and there's lots of us, who live in the southern states we will be wearing capris, short sleeve or at least 3/4 sleeve tops for months to come, so why not try selling to us too? 

I thought Leah looked silly dressed the way she was, it made me hotter just looking at her. It'll be 100 here today and my A/C runs all day!  QVC should realize we are not all living in the PA and think of the rest of us when selecting products for show.

I  know how you feel because  I don't celebrate Christmas. And it's  all over the place from September & on!

Respected Contributor

OP would you have the same critism for HSN for sellng all winter stuff but are based in Florida? Even the department stores in Florida sell winer stuff which no one really gets to wear there. Shrugs

You do realize there are seasons and retail sells for the seasons...not for where we all live. It's been going on since the beginning of time....LOL