Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO...(TSV) COPPER CHEF 02/08/17

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

Todd English

He's hawking a different line on evine-titanium/ceramic- and the reviews are quite favorable.

Thanks.  I could perfectly picture his face but not his name.  LOL

The reviews on those Green Pans weren't good on HSN.  Those things are the reason I distrust the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval because they had that seal and were horrible. 

Honored Contributor

I buying something similar for $32, no tongs but it is a 4 piece square set.........

Contributor

Speaking of the copper chef, did anyone order his book that they were selling on the day of his TSV?

i did, and the minute I opened the book, there is a bad smell though out it. My eyes started burning. It is going back. To bad , but can't stand the odor, ink or something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finally bought the 4 piece, I have only used it to bake a casserole, easy to clean and nice presentation at the table.

Copper Pan.jpg

Occasional Contributor

Walmart has the entire set now for $59.95 & you can get it even cheaper at BBB with the coupon.  I've also seen the frying pans at Ross & marshalls.  And yes the frying pans are the Cooper Chief brand.

Respected Contributor

@circles wrote:

My son and his future have the copper chef on their registry at BBB....well QVC will have a better deal this Wednesday...cheaper...and it includes the glass press and some tongs....everything else is the same...

Now my question is...there are 15 pages of one and two star reviews...warning not to purchase because it scratches real easy..food doesn't come out of the pan that easily...can't put four slices of bread in it like Eric shows...and it goes on and on...

I was going to purchase it as an extra gift...I have already bought the Dyson stick that is almost four hundred dollars...that will be arriving at their place today...

Would you take a chance...and purchase the TSV....or not ....

I think you've answered your own question. Is this how you want to be remembered in the couple's life together, for giving them crummy cookware? I'd leave it at the Dyson (and would have bought a Shark, but that's something for another thread).

I do not have experience with the Copper Chef products (I take reviews to heart), but I did get badly burned with the Green Pans. I still have them and use  them, but if I didn't also have an old set of Le Crueset and hotel-weight copper cookware, I would have replaced them years ago.

But my point to you is that I actually gave several pieces of Green Pan to my sister, touting its great nonstick properties, etc. (When they're new, they perform well, but not for long.) I still cringe when I think of how disappointed she must have been about those pans. She never said anything to me, but never again will I give cookware. There's too much garbage these days being peddled as premium quality to trust vendors or early reviews.