Super Contributor

SteelCityDawn, Vitamix ran a special the day after Thanksgiving & all of the containers were $50. This is when I am going to purchase the dry container.

Respected Contributor
Ugh, I just bought a 6300 about 2 weeks ago. I actually should of thought to buy the 7500 instead but thought maybe the presets would be worth it. But, while I do like the presets, I dont really think they are necessary really. Plus, I was getting a bit confused with all the models for the vitamix. Now the 7500 is even a few bucks cheaper than the what I paid. Why does that always happen?

I know I am just being paranoid, and partly it is because of these boards at times, but you don't think they make these machines any different just because they are on qvc, do you? I will catch some of these presentations.

Regular Contributor
On 8/16/2014 cairnlover said:

SteelCityDawn, Vitamix ran a special the day after Thanksgiving & all of the containers were $50. This is when I am going to purchase the dry container.

Cairnlover--was this sale on the Vitamix website??? I would like to check that out too!!! Thanks!

Honored Contributor
On 8/16/2014 aprilskies said:Ugh, I just bought a 6300 about 2 weeks ago. I actually should of thought to buy the 7500 instead but thought maybe the presets would be worth it. But, while I do like the presets, I dont really think they are necessary really. Plus, I was getting a bit confused with all the models for the vitamix. Now the 7500 is even a few bucks cheaper than the what I paid. Why does that always happen?

I know I am just being paranoid, and partly it is because of these boards at times, but you don't think they make these machines any different just because they are on qvc, do you? I will catch some of these presentations.

I think Vitamix lets you trade in your current model to upgrade to a different model; check out their website and there is info about this program.
Trusted Contributor
On 8/16/2014 SteelCityDawn said: Thank you all, for taking the time to help explain. It's a huge investment for me. Single mom, waitress Smiley Happy I even bought a NutriBullet first to be sure I'd actually use it. I really want the dry container, I bake a lot. But that will have to wait.. Happy 50th to meeee!

I think I may take the plunge this time and get more than a blender. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Happy 50th to you, SteelCityDawn!

Super Contributor
On 8/16/2014 Jeanhelen57 said:

Cairnlover--was this sale on the Vitamix website??? I would like to check that out too!!! Thanks!

YES. This was the special last year for Black Friday. I am hoping it is repeated this year! I may get 2 extra containers--the dry & 32 oz. last year I had just purchased my VM & didn't think I'd need other containers. I know better now!

Super Contributor
On 8/17/2014 cairnlover said:
On 8/16/2014 Jeanhelen57 said:

YES. This was the special last year for Black Friday. I am hoping it is repeated this year! I may get 2 extra containers--the dry & 32 oz. last year I had just purchased my VM & didn't think I'd need other containers. I know better now!

I bought the dry container from QVC for $50. I also ordered the 48 oz. wet container and paid the full price but I wanted it to use instead of the 64 oz that came with the 7500 while the blade was being replaced. Let me say that while it was inconvenient to have the blade replaced it was a seamless, fast process...Vitamix gave a quick turnaround and extended my warranty by one year...making it 8 yrs. in total. This is a wonderful company! I recommend this blender to everyone, love it! And I like the 48 oz container for my smoothies but I have a friend who needs the 64 oz for her family's morning smoothies.
Occasional Contributor
On 8/16/2014 SteelCityDawn said: Thank you all, for taking the time to help explain. It's a huge investment for me. Single mom, waitress Smiley Happy I even bought a NutriBullet first to be sure I'd actually use it. I really want the dry container, I bake a lot. But that will have to wait.. Happy 50th to meeee!
That is too funny! I just turned 50 on the 12th and I'm thinking of getting this as a birthday gift to myself also!
Contributor
Happy Birthday, Tara! I'll be 50 on Wednesday... I'm getting the green... I've been watching for years... Waiting....and like I said. I use the NutriBullet constantly. I freeze coffee in ice cube trays... Cream sugar....frozen coffee... Okay, not healthy but yummy. Anyone else have ideas?
Super Contributor

They could have left out the two stupid travel mugs, and instead added the dry canister.

Just MY thought.