Respected Contributor

I just received the blue/ lime green. I love the color and they fit perfectly (6.5). I am a little surprised there is not much padding. They are quite firm and not cushioned. Walking for extended periods, I think I would feel it...

Regular Contributor

Re: Vionic Sneaks- Opinions?

I received mine in black today. I am returning them. I thought they were just an average shoe with a better orthodontic insert. I can get the same feel with a better leather Ryka or Reebock and a gel insert for less $. I also experienced a different feeling in the left shoe compared to the right. The placement of the heel cup fit perfect on one and not the other. Another thing I didn't like was the tongue was not wide enough to go under the lace holds.

Valued Contributor

They didn't have 5.5 only a 5 or 6 they said to buy 6, which I did and they are too big so back they go.

Honored Contributor

I ordered them because I love the tide sandals ( previously had heel problems) but I also ordered the Ryka TSV a few weeks ago. I wore the Ryka sneaks ( went up a size) right out the box ALL day at the outlet malls & not one problem. In fact, they were like walking on air -- love them! (Item #a259956)
Trusted Contributor

I am pleasantly surprised that I like these shoes. I often wear a Mafo (leg/foot brace) because of severe pronation. Shoes just always cause discomfort for me. Well, these came yesterday. I was trying them on--convinced they would not fit--when the phone rang. I stayed on the phone, then cooked dinner, ironed, watched some television and then got ready for bed. Only then did I realize that I still was wearing the shoes. I was prepared to "break them in" but there was no need yesterday or today. I got the charcoal in a 9.5 Wide. That is the size I wear when I do not use the brace and want to be "normal." So, I stayed true to size.

Occasional Contributor

Received mine today; going back tomorrow. The pink/orange is pretty. The insert is supportive. They are shaped funny like rectangles instead of a hourglass shape like my other sneakers. They are too wide and my heel too the arch slips in the shoe. The shoes are not flexible either. I am used to the flex soles on my athletic shoes and these are very stiff. Too bad cuz the color is pretty. I might try a pair of open back shoes for spring/summer in this line as the insert feels very supportive. Glad they have worked for others. I bought the 8.5 and that is what I normally wear either an 8 or 8.5 in sneakers. The length is fine. The top of the shoe is nicely padded. The footbed is not padded as well which seems backwards to me but may work for some. They came nicely packaged as well.
Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 zivathediva said: Received mine today; going back tomorrow. The pink/orange is pretty. The insert is supportive. They are shaped funny like rectangles instead of a hourglass shape like my other sneakers. They are too wide and my heel too the arch slips in the shoe. The shoes are not flexible either. I am used to the flex soles on my athletic shoes and these are very stiff. Too bad cuz the color is pretty. I might try a pair of open back shoes for spring/summer in this line as the insert feels very supportive. Glad they have worked for others. I bought the 8.5 and that is what I normally wear either an 8 or 8.5 in sneakers. The length is fine. The top of the shoe is nicely padded. The footbed is not padded as well which seems backwards to me but may work for some. They came nicely packaged as well.

The shoes are not flexible because they are geared to help/correct pronation. With this condition a firm, non-flexible heel is necessary. New Balance has several styles made for pronators and they are the same - firm in the mid foot & heel area. Foot and podiatrist websites recommend the same.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 KailaS said:

I am pleasantly surprised that I like these shoes. I often wear a Mafo (leg/foot brace) because of severe pronation. Shoes just always cause discomfort for me. Well, these came yesterday. I was trying them on--convinced they would not fit--when the phone rang. I stayed on the phone, then cooked dinner, ironed, watched some television and then got ready for bed. Only then did I realize that I still was wearing the shoes. I was prepared to "break them in" but there was no need yesterday or today. I got the charcoal in a 9.5 Wide. That is the size I wear when I do not use the brace and want to be "normal." So, I stayed true to size.

Yes! So glad they are helping you. That was my experience as well. The more your feet "need" what the Vionic footbed offers, the more instant comfort you will feel - enjoy!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I got mine Tuesday evening. Wore them most of the day yesterday. LOVE THEM!!!!! I have a narrow foot and wear them with thicker socks. They work great for me. And I love the blue!!!!!! Would also have liked the pink, but were two pricey to get two pairs.

Honored Contributor

Depends upon what your foot needs. My podiatrist recommended I donate several nearly new pairs of New Balance sneakers. The name alone doesn't guarantee they're any good for what ails your feet.

No real problems. Lucky you. Go with personal choice.

I did not buy any of the newest Vionic offering, but for my feet the sneaker is excellent and comfortable for hours at a time. I'm a walker, not a runner or a tennis player. (Deep denim with coral from maybe 3 years back.)