Frequent Contributor

Shark tsv. 

Can you believe they are putting the vacuum I just purchased less than a few weeks ago and saying it doesn't work good compared to the tsv?  I threw the box away or I'd be returning and heading to Walmart. Bad marketing for Qvc and shark!! 

Plus free shipping?   Rude!!

Esteemed Contributor

I heard that comment...thought it was really a bad thing to say for those like you who just purchased it...not long ago...

Honored Contributor

That's happened to me with other items.  I understand what you are saying, very frustrating!

I just saw where the girl demonstrating (adding insult to injury) has the previous Shark next to the TSV Shark and showing how much BETTER the TSV is.

That's happened with other things I've bought thinking it was 'the best' only to find out they are getting rid of them and making room for the NEXT one.

Respected Contributor

Another boring TSV

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the replies! I just bought that vacuum three weeks ago and thought I was happy,but I guess I bought a bad product! And I paid shipping for it! I'll be thinking twice from now on! I even threw the box away and I'm disabled and can't go box hunting.

Honored Contributor

My guess is Walmart probably has good records on who buys what.

If you charged it, you can use your charge receipt and call first and tell them you are bringing it back to the store.  

I know you can pick things ordered up to the store, I would think you could return it there.

Explain the circumstances and if nothing else perhaps they will refund some of your money.  I think you are saying you'd like to return the entire thing.  

You don't have anything to loose.  Call Walmart first and see if you can't take it back to the store.  That's what I'd do if I were you.

I understand about being difficult for you to get it back.  I have those same problems.  People who can hop, skip and jump don't realize life is difficult when you are limited.

Please come back and let us know how it went.  Take care and call Walmart first to return the thing.

Honored Contributor

Did not hear the comment so please explain.  Did they say this vacuum replaced an inferior one that was recently presented?

Honored Contributor

My Shark vacuum is the worst vacuum I've ever owned.  There is absolutely nothing to like about it.  I'll take a chance on having this post removed if I can save one person from purchasing it.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tsv shark vacuum

[ Edited ]

I have two of the Rotator lift-aways and I saw the demo.  I also have two Rockets from 2-3 years ago that don't hold a candle to the Rotator, in my house.  In fact, the Rockets already have ripped hoses in the power head, so I am reduced to using them as hand-held, and the dust bin is tiny (I don't care this one is bigger) and they are prone to clogging and losing suction because the driving motor is all the way up the wand.

I use the lift-away almost every day and I think it is a superb vac.  I do not need a "floor polisher" that they claim this new and improved Rocket to be.

I would love to see a camera under another vac, and I would love to know if when the Rotator was "compared", if the brush roll had been turned off (as you would on a hard floor).  I have a dog and my machine picks up wayward dog kibble in the upright mode.

Bottom line, choose the machine that fits your needs.  You can have the Rocket.  As I have mainly carpet, the Rotator lift-away is my choice.  The filters are better (IMO) and the canister capacity is far and away better, which leads to better performance.  The Rocket just wasn't cutting it for me.  I've had Dyson and Riccar, and I would buy Shark again, just the right model for my needs.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Shark is the only brand I will buy in a vacuum.  I have two upstairs and one downstairs.  I love them!!!!!!!!!  The only thing I don't like about Shark......they are always coming out with a new and improved model!!!!!!!!!!  I save myself the aggravation of envying the newer model by not watching!  I'm quite pleased with the models that I have and they are doing the job quite well.