Super Contributor

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

Does this have a Qwerty keyboard?

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sabra wrote:

Do the 1350 minutes/text/data expire?  If so, when?  When you buy a new card how much is it and for how long?  Also, I have a phone from Walmart and use Straighttalk ($30/month).  Can the phone number from this phone (it's a Samsung) be transferred to the LG phone?  TIA

hi @sabra! The Tracfone rep will probably answer your questions but in the meantime I can tell you that Straighttalk cannot be transferred to Tracfone. 

The minutes/text/data don't expire and the TSV phone comes with 365 days of service (air time). When the 365 days are over you have to purchase more minutes in order to receive more airtime but you will be able to keep any minutes you may have left. Just be sure you add more before the year is over or you will lose everything - minutes/text/data - including your phone number

You could also purchase a new phone before the 365 days are up and transfer everything, including your phone # to the new phone. 

Data goes quickly, but if you have wifi, you can save your data for times when wifi is unavailable. Using wifi you can surf the net, watch Netflix, etc without using data. Just be sure to disable the data unless you need it. 

Thanks SuzieQ.  I should have been more specific on the straightalk thing.  All I really need to know is if I can keep my phone number.  It's not a smart phone and I have very little info on it.

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I wanted to order this phone but customer service says it will have to charge 18.00 in taxes. When I tried to order a similarly priced phone on amazon the tax was only 8. 

Please explain,

Mabeleroo from California

Occasional Contributor

The presentation advertises that you get 3x the minutes, data, and text but then says you cannot apply the triple amount to any smart phone only plan. Since data and text are only available for smart phone only plans, how does one ever get 3x data and 3x text?
Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

Heres a tip for those buying the Tracfone. Make sure the phone is off when not in use. I had  mine in my purse and something in my purse must have leaned on the button and turned it on, and it ate all my DATA while I was out shopping!

I still have all my text and talk minutes but zero data, so now I have to buy a card and fill it and i just got the other LG TSV phone a month or 2? ago so Im not thrilled because that data would have lasted me 6 months had this not happened!

Other than that I love the phone. But I thought Id mention this to just make sure its off when not in use "while you are away from wifi", or your data will be gone in no time too!

@Shorty2U You can buy 1gb data for your phone on the Tracfone website for $10. You don't have to buy a card that will give you extra mins, text & data.

I keep my cell phone in a pouch/holder so it cannot make calls or anything else.

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

Heres a tip for those buying the Tracfone. Make sure the phone is off when not in use. I had  mine in my purse and something in my purse must have leaned on the button and turned it on, and it ate all my DATA while I was out shopping!

I still have all my text and talk minutes but zero data, so now I have to buy a card and fill it and i just got the other LG TSV phone a month or 2? ago so Im not thrilled because that data would have lasted me 6 months had this not happened!

Other than that I love the phone. But I thought Id mention this to just make sure its off when not in use "while you are away from wifi", or your data will be gone in no time too!

@Shorty2U You can buy 1gb data for your phone on the Tracfone website for $10. You don't have to buy a card that will give you extra mins, text & data.

I keep my cell phone in a pouch/holder so it cannot make calls or anything else.

Yes, data only cards. They sell them at a local supermarket here.$10.00. I don't think the data only cards are tripled though. I could be wrong. I love my new Samsung Tracfone. I only wish Tracfone would start carrying phones with gyroscopes. I can't treally enjoy using a virtual reality headset without a gyro. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sabraSorry, I don't know the answer to that. I did switch a number from Verizon to Tracfone but I'm not as familiar with Straighttalk. Seems like you should be able to but I can't guarantee it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mickey08 wrote:
The presentation advertises that you get 3x the minutes, data, and text but then says you cannot apply the triple amount to any smart phone only plan. Since data and text are only available for smart phone only plans, how does one ever get 3x data and 3x text?

@mickey08 If you look at the Tracfone website for adding airtime there are three sections. The one that does not triple is the one listed as "Smartphones and BYOP Only Plans." As long as you stick with the frist two - either the "One Year" or "Pay as you go" plans they will triple. These will work for the TSV.

Also, data and texts will not triple if you add them separately from under the listing "Smartphones & BYOP Only Plans." Those are just as you see them - 1GB Data for $10 or 1,000 texts for $5.

Data and texts will triple, as well as the minutes, as long as you get them from the top two sections. Here is a link for the Tracfone website. Hope that helps. 

https://www.tracfone.com/direct/Purchase?payGo=true&app=TRACFONE&lang=en

Honored Contributor

@Sabre  @Once you get a number,  you can transfer it anywhere as long as there's no break in your service.  You keep your minutes and transfer them from year to year as long as there's no break in service.   Once your initial year expires,  there are various plans available through TracFone. Go to their website to see them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Just wondering why I cannot use a GSM Tracfone in my zip code with AT&T?

I want one of the 16gb Samsung Tracfones but they always say does not work in my area when I enter my zip code?

Are you ever going to offer a 16gb or 32gb Tracfone? 8gb does not have enough room for all the apps you want & you cannot put them on the sd card either nor can you delete the apps you put on there we don't want.

I read that if I buy a GSM phone that it may or may not work. It's up to AT&T to decide if they want to let it work in their network???

We may have to buy a contract phone to get what DH wants since Tracfone seems not to offer anything over an 8gb.

@Nightowlz We are still working to improve the products and services we offer. We consider your comments and we always welcome the opinions you express regarding our quality, technical procedures, products and overall service. You may check this site from time to time for our lates offers and promotions. ^Tiffany

Super Contributor

@10grands wrote:

Does this have a Qwerty keyboard?

@10grands No. This phone is touch screen. This does not have a qwerty keyboard. ^Tiffany