Super Contributor

Re: TracfoneLG Treasure LTE Q & A Chat - 12-20-16

@SandGirl wrote:

How much is the service fee per year per phone? We are currently with Verizon and now own our phones and are out of contract so was going to get the TSV and go to TracFones but I can't find anywhere how much the service fee is?

@SandGirl We do not have a service fee. The LG Treasure LTE is bundled with minutes and it's ready for activation. You can also bring your old phones over to TracFone with our Bring Your Own Phone program. Please visit www.tracfone.com to view program details. Thanks. ^Larry

Respected Contributor

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

How much is the service fee per year per phone? We are currently with Verizon and now own our phones and are out of contract so was going to get the TSV and go to TracFones but I can't find anywhere how much the service fee is?

@SandGirl We do not have a service fee. The LG Treasure LTE is bundled with minutes and it's ready for activation. You can also bring your old phones over to TracFone with our Bring Your Own Phone program. Please visit www.tracfone.com to view program details. Thanks. ^Larry

Thanks Larry - Is the TSV a triple your minutes offer? I have a S6 Samsung Smartphone so was thinking I would like to keep that and go with the "bring your old phone" plan but, with that I don't get triple the minutes each time I purchase minutes, so really you just pay for the minutes you want and you don't have a monthly or yearly fee? Almost seems to good to be true!

Super Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

Thanks Larry - Is the TSV a triple your minutes offer? I have a S6 Samsung Smartphone so was thinking I would like to keep that and go with the "bring your old phone" plan but, with that I don't get triple the minutes each time I purchase minutes, so really you just pay for the minutes you want and you don't have a monthly or yearly fee? Almost seems to good to be true!

@SandGirl The LG Treasure LTE has Triple Minutes Plan. TracFone Smartphones and Bring Your Own Phone devices have Triple Minutes Plan. The minutes will triple when you redeem a regular PayGo airtme card. Unused minutes and service days carry over. ^Larry

Super Contributor

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@wingnut wrote:

Can the minutes/airtime card be used on a previously purchased LG android tracfone?  My current phonen has an LED notification light which isn't available on this phone.  Thank you.

Hi, @wingnut. Yes. You can transfer your phone number and remaining services left from your other TracFone phone. Thanks. ^Wevino

I don't want to transfer my phone number.  I want to continue to use the Tracfone and number I currently have and add the minutes/text/data to the phone I already have and not activate the new phone.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tracfone_Team  I believe @wingnut is asking if she can use the new minutes on her old TracFone,  then pitch out the new phone and use the old one which she likes. 

Thank you @Kachina624 that's exactly what I want to know!

Honored Contributor

@wingnut wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tracfone_Team  I believe @wingnut is asking if she can use the new minutes on her old TracFone,  then pitch out the new phone and use the old one which she likes. 

Thank you @Kachina624 that's exactly what I want to know!

@wingnut The answer is no. Tracfone does have $15 off their 1 yr card online. It will still cost more then the TSV. 

Honored Contributor

Tracfone_Team wrote:

Nightowlz wrote:

Tracfone_Team wrote:

Nightowlz wrote:

Just wondering why I cannot use a GSM Tracfone in my zip code with AT&T?

I want one of the 16gb Samsung Tracfones but they always say does not work in my area when I enter my zip code?

Are you ever going to offer a 16gb or 32gb Tracfone? 8gb does not have enough room for all the apps you want & you cannot put them on the sd card either nor can you delete the apps you put on there we don't want.

I read that if I buy a GSM phone that it may or may not work. It's up to AT&T to decide if they want to let it work in their network???

We may have to buy a contract phone to get what DH wants since Tracfone seems not to offer anything over an 8gb.

@Nightowlz We recommend that you check your area for coverage before you buy the phone. The phone that you want may not be supported or has weak coverage. For your convenience, we offer the Bring Your Own Phone program that allows you to bring phones of your choice over to TracFone. ^Larry

@Tracfone_Team I saw that info on your site. To check to see if a phone will work it said to enter the IMEI #. Cannot do that unless I buy the phone first. So do you know if I buy the 16gb Samsung Galaxy Sky can I buy the BYOP activation kit & it will work if it's GSM? I entered my zip code for this phone & says sorry does not work in my area.

@Nightowlz It is recommended that you activate the phone using the carrier/network it was previously activated with. If the Samsung Galaxy Sky was previously activated with a GSM carrier/network, then you need to use the Activation Kit for GSM. ^Larry

@Tracfone_Team Thx. I have not bought the phone yet. I guess I will just have to buy one to actually see if it will work or not. I can always send the phone back if it won't work for a refund. I have the Treasure now but don't care for it. I liked the Sunset better. The volume on the Treasure is not very good.

Trusted Contributor

Do the 1350 minutes/text/data expire?  If so, when?  When you buy a new card how much is it and for how long?  Also, I have a phone from Walmart and use Straighttalk ($30/month).  Can the phone number from this phone (it's a Samsung) be transferred to the LG phone?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@shell garden  You can buy covers in every color of the rainbow and patterned ones too on eBay very inexpensively. Just put your phone model name in the search bar. 

@Kachina624....thanks, but I didn't say I wanted a "cover" in white.  I said I wanted a phone in the white color.  I purchased the TSV a couple of years ago from the Q, it was a tracfone, LG and they offered the phones in both colors of white and black.  I ordered it in the white with a gold cover.  I don't want this black phone they are offering today....I am spoiled, lol.

I was asking the representative to please  bring another TSV next time in both colors because I wanted to purchase the white phone not the black....like this one.....

Image result for lg tracfone in white

But, thanks Kachina.

Esteemed Contributor

@sabra wrote:

Do the 1350 minutes/text/data expire?  If so, when?  When you buy a new card how much is it and for how long?  Also, I have a phone from Walmart and use Straighttalk ($30/month).  Can the phone number from this phone (it's a Samsung) be transferred to the LG phone?  TIA

hi @sabra! The Tracfone rep will probably answer your questions but in the meantime I can tell you that Straighttalk cannot be transferred to Tracfone. 

The minutes/text/data don't expire and the TSV phone comes with 365 days of service (air time). When the 365 days are over you have to purchase more minutes in order to receive more airtime but you will be able to keep any minutes you may have left. Just be sure you add more before the year is over or you will lose everything - minutes/text/data - including your phone number

You could also purchase a new phone before the 365 days are up and transfer everything, including your phone # to the new phone. 

Data goes quickly, but if you have wifi, you can save your data for times when wifi is unavailable. Using wifi you can surf the net, watch Netflix, etc without using data. Just be sure to disable the data unless you need it.