Super Contributor

TSV-pressure cooker

[ Edited ]

The TSV pressure cooker is VERY tempting cause I was extremely hungry at midnight, but the price is not even $10 off of the regular QVC price?!?!   I might still think about it though..empty nesters now. Smiley Sad  Opinions?

Honored Contributor

I ordered one because I do not have a pressure cooker, and my slow cooker needs to be replaced. I think the value is good, and the shipping is too. I hope that I will like mine. 

Esteemed Contributor

Everytime I hear the word Pressure Cooker I cringe and also giggle a bit.  Long ago, my father came home from a long day of work, casually asked my mom, WHAT WAS FOR DINNER and she told him TO LOOK  UP.  Yes, you guessed it, the pressure cooker had exploded and the chicken casserole was dripping from the ceiling.  I could not have been more than 5 years old but I remember and to this day the words Pressure Cooker get my attention.  Obviously I will not buy one.  

Honored Contributor

My mother had a pressure cooker when I was a child too.  I remember once the rubber safety plug  came flying out and thousands of strands of sauerkraut  came out one or two strands at a time and stuck on our ceiling.  It was amazing to watch, but my mother was screaming because she thought the whole lid was going to blow off.

The new electric pressure cookers will not do that.  They are very safe.  The problem I have had with them is that they don't last very long.  I have had two from QVC  and they both lasted less than a year.  Therefore, I will never buy another one.

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know who is making this?  Deni used to make these under the CE brand.  Those were junk!  FYI: the new digital pressure cookers are mistake proof.  I have a NESCO and love it.  I really like this has a slow cooker feature.  Meridith's books are very good and are also available at Amazon for free shipping for all of us Prime members.

Valued Contributor

I have a Technique pressure cooker from QVC and I have no idea who actually made it, but I have had it and used it for years. It has the same bells and whistles as the TSV, but not the pretty colors, and I think  I paid more for it years ago. I am almost tempted to buy the tsv as a back up, but I am reminded that tomorrow's price will probably be about $6 or$7 more than today's, so it won't be worth it! So much for special value!

I use my pressure cooker for pot roast, pulled pork, soups, bean,, and barbecued beef and a few other old stand by's. Never have used it for ribs, as I like the meat on the bones! My kitchen would not be complete without it.

Occasional Contributor

I have a Techniques pressure cooker also, and love it.  I often think about getting another, but I will just wait until this one quits, hopefully no time soon.  I have had this for quite a few years.

Respected Contributor

I think the pretty colors are the attraction whether you need one or not.

Colors bring emotion to people and that's why there is such a variety of colors, every color means something different to somebody.  Looks like the colors of the Kitchenaid mixer and we all know if we own a white one, we need a colored one too.Man Wink

New Contributor

Re: TSV-pressure cooker

[ Edited ]

I had one years ago, I dropped the top and it broke, so I ordered one f/the other channel when it was a TS, it is a WP brand. While it works well, I have never like the fact that it does not slow cook and the timer only goes to 90 minutes, which is a dial timer, so your only options are to pressure cook and keep your food warm,  there is no slow cook option, and I have missed that A LOT! Also, the WP vent button is kinda "loose" and it has moved off its marks after many uses, I just do not think the design of my current cooker can compare with Cooks Essential's. I am picking this one up b/c of the color option and b/c I loved my old one, I also like the food choice buttons. There is nothing like pressure cooking! I will pass my current PC to one of my friends who does not own one. I'm certain they will be hooked too. Just an FYI, I used my CE pressure cooker more than I have my WP and neither have never given me any problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ok you talked me into it.  I guess I will just have to have thos OLD fond ceiling memories and hopefully not make NEW ceiling memories. Now to pick a color.  Who knows my hubby knows how to boil water and make chocolate instant pudding. This is after almost 50 years of marriage. Twenty five years to learn each one.   His cooking might just pick up if I get him interested in one of these.