Regular Contributor

Any thoughts on these?  I could use some new towels but would love to have some really soft ones.  Hate to shop.  Would love feedback.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also interested in these towels.  Thinking about the taupe ones.

Respected Contributor

I had purchased the set of 12 washcloths about 6 months ago or so.  Love them. Thick. Soft. Large. 

IF I needed new towels, I would probably get the TSV now too. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor
The NN towels I purchased last year were awful after washing. The edges on either side simply fell apart when washed. Pilling has also been bad. The reviews on the set I purchased were not good and pretty much stated same problems I had. Maybe they resolved these issues but expensive return if there are still quality problems.
Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
The NN towels I purchased last year were awful after washing. The edges on either side simply fell apart when washed. Pilling has also been bad. The reviews on the set I purchased were not good and pretty much stated same problems I had. Maybe they resolved these issues but expensive return if there are still quality problems.

There are NO return fees for damaged or defective merchandise!

If you return within 30 days of purchase, there is no shipping fees to you or back to Q when the product is defective, and what you describe falls under defective.

I'm amazed at the people who don't return damaged or defective merchandise because they don't know this. Hope that helps some people if they want to try a product.

Frequent Contributor

The Northern Night towels I bought last year, after reading the outstanding reviews of the washcloths, were a huge disappointment.    Yes they are soft.   Yes the color (sea green) is beautiful.    But the shedding and pilling is beyond atrocious.  I thought that after the first or second wash they would get better.   But WOW was I wrong.   After a year, I still cannot wash them with anything because the huge globs of fuzz get everywhere.   The washing machine is full, and I cannot dry them in the dryer, I am afraid there will be a fire.  And after a few months,  the edges all frayed.    Stay away from these towels.

Honored Contributor

I have the original wash cloth set that these are based on, and I have used and washed them now for about two months. One cloth as started to loose it's hem on the side, but other than that, they are holding up and still looking good.

But beware! The washcloths are very very thick. It takes time to get the wet, and get them rinsed. Some people prefer a thin towel or cloth, others like them thicker, so just beware of how thick and heavy these really are.

The original towel sets got some bad reviews because people thought they didn't dry well, simply moved the water around on you. I don't have the towels, just the washcloths, so I can't comment on that one way or the other. 

Honored Contributor

Not something I would buy from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the Turkish towel set from the other channel a couple weeks ago.  I'm very happy with them.

Honored Contributor

I just posted in another thread that the last set of towels I bought was from Kohls.  They were on sale for an excellant price, plus coupons.  I don't remember what brand they were except that they were a Kohls house brand.  I've had them a few years and they have held up beautifully.

I need to feel my towels.  I can't buy them on-line.  I like towels that are soft and fluffy but I hate towels that are so fluffy and thick that they are a pain to wash and dry.  Towels that are overly thick are a pain to use and often don't dry the body well either IMO.

I also never buy sets because the one thing I don't like are the thick and fluffy washcloths and hand towels.  I prefer those to be on the thinner side.  I typically buy the cheapy pack of washcloths from either Kohls or Target that are like 6 for $5.00.  LOL