Contributor

TSV EYEGLASSES WON'T SHIP TO NY

Tried to order TSV eyeglasses, but system wouldn't process it because apparenly these glasses cannot ship to NY because they are considered to be "prescription glaases."

Funny....I ordered same type of glasses from Joy Mangano on HSN and they shipped to NY without any problem....

What's up with that??????

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV EYEGLASSES WON'T SHIP TO NY

Did you contact CS?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Super Contributor

I wonder why. Last month, I ordered a set of two readers from QVC and I live in NY.

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Did you contact CS?

Yeah, I would try and call customer service and see if a human can override or explain whatever tag they have on that item. 

Super Contributor

I'm in NY and my order seems to have gone through no problem. so perhaps it is not a statewide issue but rather a county issue? Customer service is definitely your best bet.
Contributor

Customer service couldn't help me at all...said 3.0 and 3.5 strength considered prescription glasses in NY and RI.  

Had no answer when I told her HSN shipped exact same strength to me...no problem.  

Trusted Contributor

This is correct. If you go into a store in NY to purchase they only go up to 2.75. I used to sell these into stores. Occasionally you might find some but it's because they are sent in by accident.

Visitor

I order 3.5 glasses from HSN frequently. Also order 3.00 from a company in NY for the past 20 years. I live in NYC and have never had a problem until today. I can order lesser strength from QVC but not 3+.
Ridiculous!
Occasional Contributor

I called CS and they cannot overide. I told them I buy from HSN all the time without a problem and they are in every store. I even called my optometrist and he never heard of such a thing.  QVC's loss...New Yorkers will shop elsewhere.

Super Contributor

The same problem for me...I had called CS,and was told it was a law in both NY,AND RI.

Seems only orthorized Options can have them sent. I am picking up my Progressive glasses tomorrow from Opthamologist,Option i use...

Was really disappoiinted i could not order these from the Q