Contributor

TSV Clarks shoes - the colors

I would have ordered these if they came in WHITE.
Would it have been that difficult to offer them in white ??  I mean, they'd be adorable !!

Their shade of sage is awful in my opinion, a good sage would be a good neutral, but this one is really off.  I

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV Clarks shoes - the colors

@kelliegirl56 I totally agree with you .They should have done the shoe in white.I think they also should have done it in a pretty neutral like nude.

Respected Contributor

You can't please everyone.  I never wear white shoes, and love the Sage!  

Honored Contributor

I normally gravitate towards white also, but in this case, if I were buying, it would probably be the gold as a neutral.  However, not buying.  (I already ordered the sneakers offered on HSN today.)

Honored Contributor

I can't believe it's a Special Value at $80!!!!!  That price is no value.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I like the metallic and the sage but I wouldn't spend more than $59 for this shoe. IMO it's over-priced for a TSV.

Honored Contributor

Agree they are not worth the price for a rope soled (espadrille) shoe.  I don't find Clarks comfortable so I haven't been paying attention, but based on the pic and description, the price seems high.

Contributor

I gravitate to the metallic one that is offered sometimes as well, but this particular one looks to be really super shiny and stands out too much.

Respected Contributor

I hate espadrilles for the very reason that the soles are typically wrapped in jute or some kind of rope with some kind of big honking stitches to sew them to the leather upper.  This TSV is not very attractive to me so it's an easy pass. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care for these at all and I certainly don't find them to be any bargain.  I do have some of the Clarks Artisan label and those I find very comfortable.  Other Clarks haven't worked out for me.

When I buy espadrilles, I prefer my foot to not be so enclosed and I prefer them to be canvas and the jute/rope heel.  Lands End had some that I like. They were $70.00 a pair with a 30% off coupon code.

A number of years ago, much to my surprise, I found the most adorable canvas espadrilles at Target of all places, under the Merona label. They were on clearance for $11.00 a pair and I had those shoes for about 5 years before the soles started coming apart and I had to toss them.  LOL