Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Clarks shoes - the colors

I shy away from espadrilles, for practical reasons. How does one clean the rope wedges? Can Scotchgard spray be used to attempt to keep them clean?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I shy away from espadrilles, for practical reasons. How does one clean the rope wedges? Can Scotchgard spray be used to attempt to keep them clean?

I have donated most of mine due to them getting "dirty".

I don't care for these at all anyway, and they are ridiculously overpriced.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I have used Scotchguard on my cloth shoes @handygal2. I would imagine it can be used on that rope part of the shoe as well but I suspect they will get too dirty at some point and then it would be impossible to clean them. At least with my other cloth canvas shoes, I can throw them in the wash or spot clean them. Jute would be difficult to spot clean.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Clarks for making a TSV that is not tempting me to buy! Not because I don't think it's cute, I do. I like that the top is a little dressier and the lower heel makes it a little more casual--the best of both worlds. But like others here, it's the espadrille bottom that keeps me from buying. 

Cute as it is, the wedge always gets dirty, no matter how careful I am or how often I Scotchguard it. Then, try to spot clean it and the jute starts coming apart. Smiley Sad

Love the look...hate the way it wears. 

However, there is a shoe coming up as a TSV next month from Earth that is calling my name. 

Respected Contributor

I like the TSV but cannot justify spending $80. for something I would not wear often. I mainly wear flats for the comfort, many of which are Clarks, and would only wear these occasionally with maybe a maxi dress or if I were going out and not doing a lot of walking.  I know the Clarks rep, Amy, said she walked in them all over Philadelphia but she is a lot younger than me.  I do think they are cute though, just not practical for my lifestyle.  If I were to order, I like the red or navy.  Sage color looks better for fall and I think the metallic looks too bright for a shoe with that much coverage.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Clarks for making a TSV that is not tempting me to buy! Not because I don't think it's cute, I do. I like that the top is a little dressier and the lower heel makes it a little more casual--the best of both worlds. But like others here, it's the espadrille bottom that keeps me from buying. 

Cute as it is, the wedge always gets dirty, no matter how careful I am or how often I Scotchguard it. Then, try to spot clean it and the jute starts coming apart. Smiley Sad

Love the look...hate the way it wears. 

However, there is a shoe coming up as a TSV next month from Earth that is calling my name. 

This Earth @SusieQ_2? It's cute! 

a293918.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee, yes that's it! I have a feeling I'll be wearing a pair of those soon. I want to wait for the presentation, but I don't know if I can wait until April 22nd. I think that's the date.

Anyway, thanks for posting it so some of the other ladies can see it too! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love espadrilles, and I think these are cute -- the peep toe and perfed leather is right on. I have several pairs of espadrilles, and I don't have any problem with the jute getting dirty. Then again, I wouldn't wear espadrilles anywhere that was excessively muddy or dirty (or, really, any "nice" sandals). They are a bit more than many TSVs, but I guess some of that can be explained by the fact that they're from the Artisan line. The retail value is right on at $100, so I might have thought they would be slightly less expensive.

Respected Contributor

I like the rope soles, but since they're essentially one season shoes, I don't want to pay more than $30 or $40 for them. I usually can't get leather at that price point, but again, one season shoes so it doesn't matter to me.