Regular Contributor

Good day all, I'm interested in the air fryer,  I was wondering if you have one and use it, do you like it???

I heard that you can dehydrate with it, if so can you dehydrate fruit???

Thank you for any input...

Contributor

I have an air fryer from QVC and I absolutely love it! Hubby loves his fries, and this allows us to eat them often with WAY LESS OIL and great flavor. Also love that there's no smelly, messy oil sitting around. Safer. Easier. Better taste because the oil is always fresh. Get one. You won't be sorry.

Respected Contributor

I use mine all the time.  It's not just good for traditional fried things, but it's great to bake off fish and boneless chicken breasts and to roast vegetables.  It makes an outstanding grilled cheese sandwich and hot dogs even better than the grill.  In the larger one, I can make burgers and fries for two people in less than 20 minutes.

I bought it because my postage stamp size kitchen got steaming hot in the summer with the oven on.  The air fryer puts off hardly any heat.  

Honored Contributor

@deedeewar wrote:

Good day all, I'm interested in the air fryer,  I was wondering if you have one and use it, do you like it???

I heard that you can dehydrate with it, if so can you dehydrate fruit???

Thank you for any input...

@deedeewar

Just keep in mind that an air fryer is simply a small, self contained, convection oven.

It does all the same things that convection ovens do. Used to be that a convection oven was a pricey proposition but now you can pick up a nice sized countertop convection oven for a reasonable price. the difference is that you're not limited by the size of an air fryer.

As for dehydrating; I've never heard it mentioned in any presentation on any channel but that doesn't mean it wont (dehydrate). The Oster I picked up last TSV has a dehydrate setting but that really only means you can set it at about 110 degrees (I think it is).

I'm giving away my dehyrator since the Oster has that function.

Valued Contributor

order mine waiting to get it. thought i would not buy one but if i can cook stuff healty i want to try 

Contributor

Re: TSV Power Air Fryer XL Pro

The tsv on March 26th is Power Airfryer XL pro, I pre order and have received it and used.  It's the best fryer on the market. I already had it's big brother  5.3 qt for bigger stuff and bought this one to use every day. Also Received Eric Theiss new book on the air fryer. Don't hestitate on buying it.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV Power Air Fryer XL Pro

[ Edited ]

Happy with ours but don't know anything about drying fruit in it.  

Respected Contributor
I have both the large and small CE air fryers. Neither of them has a low enough setting to dehydrate.