Frequent Contributor

Geez, it's always a mattress, a computer or a vacuum cleaner. Never seems to be anything someone really wants...

Respected Contributor

I have to agree that there's never a TSV on Sunday worth bothering with.  It's gotten to the point that I only buy Wen from QVC and maybe a couple of times a year something else like something from IT Cosmetics.  I have enough of the latter to last me two years at this point.

I buy more from HSN than any other place.  Of course, they discount insanely, but they also offer special promotions like coupons and free shipping to their customers.  I got Iman's TSV yesterday and had a nice $10 off coupon to apply to it. 

That Mindy Grossman is an absolute genius!  She's worth every penny HSN pays her and then some.  When she first started changing their fashion offerings, everything looked like clown clothes to me and probably a lot of other people.  However, it's evolved into a conglomeration of boutiques, and they've added many lines that offer fabulous basics and updates on classic clothes.  I love Iman and Marla Wynne most of all, but Slinky has fabulous tees that go on sale.  I buy all my shoes and boots from them off season at discount prices:  Sporto (the only place they sell wides is HSN) and Naturalizer.  They are good, durable shoes. 

QVC should take note.  Maybe they could bring Lisa Robertson's jewelry on board as an offering to add some excitement to their channel. 

Honored Contributor

lol -  some of us do.

It might be more fun for some to watch clothes or jewelry or something else, but after years and years of buying those things, I rarely tune in to them at all.

It's not that I think what QVC shows is bad -  for me it's certainly better than what the other shopping channels show -  but I just don't need or want more jewelry -  it's fall/winter now for clothing and I live a summer life. 

Mattresses and vacuums and coffee pots/makers - they're for buyers like me.

Super Contributor

There *has* to be some sort of formula or method when it comes to scheduling the TSVs.

It's no coincidence that big ticket investment/"family" items like mattresses, computers, vacuums, cameras, etc. are on the weekend, and when they're on, they present them even more frequently than a TSV during the week (IMO). QVC also has two big shows to work with on the weekend, 10-2pm Saturday and David's show on Sunday.

Notice that David almost always presents the TSV after his ITKWD show on Sundays. So, he's not going to be presenting an IT Cosmetics makeup kit, LOL. Could he sell it? Well, yeah, but they need him selling the big ticket items. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, David sells quite a bit in general. I thought I read somewhere that he is the top-selling host.

Beauty and fashion TSVs are mostly on Mondays and Fridays, I think. They also have kitchen and food related TSVs on Wednesdays. (Again, so David can present them.)

Respected Contributor

Excellent analysis, @todaysrx!  They do have some fashion/beauty TSVs on Saturday as well IIRC.  I haven't been keeping up with QVC, though, so things might have changed.

Esteemed Contributor

I learned long ago to not depend on the Q...for entertainment...nor background noise....like i use to...too much repetitiveness...especially their TSV's every other hour ...too pushy sales pitches...too much host shouting...screeching...too much of the hosts unable to stop talking....constantly overtalking the vendors....

I finally had to admit ...to myself....why turn on the Q when it is doing nothing but aggravating me...so I am more selective when I do turn the Q...on...and most times its only a few minutes here and there....and, yes, I will not watch certain hosts no matter what they are selling...

Honored Contributor

Sundays are a real bust for me, as far as QVC watching is concerned.  I typically will watch some of ITKWD, but that's about all.  Today, not sure if I'll do that or not....I just don't care for Alton from the Food Channel these days.

Trusted Contributor

Can a heated mattress pad be used with the Memory Foam mattress?

Respected Contributor

@Mollie wrote:

Geez, it's always a mattress, a computer or a vacuum cleaner. Never seems to be anything someone really wants...

And you can always get it cheaper elsewhere.

PS...  You forgot the Vita Mix.

The mattress prices are ridiculous!

Respected Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

Can a heated mattress pad be used with the Memory Foam mattress?

QVC will probably tell you yes....but that's because you will need a new mattress! LOL!