Honored Contributor

Should I wait and purchase the new Dyson stick vac V-8?

On August 8th Dyson will be coming out with their new V-8 model Dyson stick vac...  more powerful....QVC is unloading the old model today. The new vac has battery power for 40 minutes VS the 20 minute power on the TS,  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should I wait and purchase the new Dyson stick vac V-8?

I think this decision depends on how much area you will be vacumming with the machine and how many bells and whistles you really think you need.  If you can research the price of the new model and factor that in too, it could be the TSV is more than adequate for your home.  Most of us don't buy vacuum cleaners annually, so also consider having buyer's regret in a few years that you didn't get more bang for your buck now.  

Honored Contributor

Personally, I would go for the 'new & impoved' V8 version coming out.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

On Amazon the only negative feedback on the new one was the on/ off button feature.

I guess you have to hold down the on button the whole time you vaccum.  Seems to me that they should have it so it just goes on so you do not have to hold the button down the whole time... what is up with that poorly designed feature I wonder?????

Trusted Contributor

How much more $$$ is the new one?

Contributor

I have had this older version from when it first came out and love it.  I don't know what the reviews say but I have never gotten 20 minutes out of it.  I usually have it on the higher power.  I don't mind the power lever.  I guess it saves battery because you won't be leaving it on.  In fact I scare myself by accidently hitting the power when I am emptying it!  I rarely use the attachments.  I use it mainly for picking up stray cat litter and various dirt on hard floors.  I tried a couple of other brands and they just didn't pick up that litter.  Some people rave about Sharks and I bought a corded version but it won't pick up litter.  I've passed it around the family and nobody likes it!

Love this one.  So easy!  I would be very surprised if you can really get that much-- 40 minutes out of the new one, but who knows!  

Respected Contributor

I would wait and shop around.  I don't think the Q is a good place for Dyson products, you can find better prices.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two Dyson ball model uprights and love them.  I keep looking at the stick model simply for the ease of the size and slim line of the model. I've had other stick vacuums in the past and frankly wasn't impressed with any of them. I have dogs so my vacuums really get a workout. That said.....the battery run time is #1 and motor power is #2.  Third is budget.  Think about what your needs are and how often are you going to reach for this tool. If it's every day, then I would wait.  It it's only when someone spills flour then this one should be fine.  Me, I would wait and get the new one with the extra power and run time.  

Respected Contributor

The v8 is priced at $600. There may be better values later on. I can't afford that. I would love to have this one but can't justify $400.
Regular Contributor

My biggest dyson complaint is battery. 20 min is not very long and I never get more than 13-15. So yes I would wait.

Incidentally I bought mine at kohls. On sale with a coupon, plus I had $15 in rewards and earned lots of kohls cash. I got a great great deal. It does good job too but the battery is not impressive. I can only vacuum 1 room in 15 min. And I have a dog so 15 min is pretty fast!!