Is there a Shark vacuum TSV expeced before the end of the year?  Thanks all!

Trusted Contributor

I don’t know about a TSV for the Shark vacuum but I wanted to give you a heads up to check with your local vacuum repair shop to see if they can service/repair a Shark. I owned a Shark that gave me great performance until…it suddenly needed repair. I took it to several vacuum repair shops and they all told me the same thing. Shark will not provide access to any parts for repair. I had to throw mine away and it taught me not to buy Shark again.

I had a similar experience with LG (not vacuum). I owned a number of LG appliances and really like them. However, when my dryer needed repair I quickly learned that that was a serious problem. I live in a major metropolitan area and there are only two places that service LG. They know they have you over a barrel and there was no urgency to come out and service my dryer. I purchased it at Best Buy along with an extended warranty. Best Buy subcontracts the work out to these two service providers. Since I had not purchased the appliance from either of the two places that offer service they felt no need to provide prompt repair. It was nearly 6 weeks waiting for the repair.

Between these two experiences I have learned to check out the availably of prompt repair for all major items I purchase.  I want to be able to get the full life out of items like these.  Just food for thought. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Trusted Contributor

I just used a 20% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupon for a Shark Rocket True Pet.  They also offered free shipping on it.  QVC's shipping is way too high.  That offer beat anything QVC has offered, with the accessories I wanted.

Contributor

I bought this same vacuum 2 months ago at Target Store for $129.....Love it

Honored Contributor

@jerseygirly wrote:

I bought this same vacuum 2 months ago at Target Store for $129.....Love it

@jerseygirly Did you buy it on sale at Target? I just checked and it is 229.00 at Target right now.

Esteemed Contributor

I looked at Target website and this vacuum is $229.00.  If you have a Red Card it is a  5% discount which is $11.45. so the total would be $217.55. So QVC does have a better deal.

The only shark  that is $129.00 is the steam pocket mop. So I don't know where she got the price.

Honored Contributor

@elated thanks for your reply. I think the TSV is a good value. 

Contributor

I bought the Shark Delux Pro in an Illinois Target store. I would never pay $200 for a vacuum. Maybe different stores run different prices but I definitly paid what I said I DID

Contributor

I bought it at the Target store on Rt 59 in Shorewood Illinois

Occasional Contributor

My 5-year-old Hoover died the day before the Shark TSV. So we decided to give the Shark a try. The free shipping was a nice plus and I checked multiple places and nobody had a comparable product for less  or even the same amount QVC was charging, so we took the plunge and ordered it in blue.

It came yesterday, and we just looked in the box then took out the pieces. It was very late afternoon and I had a headache and felt VERY overwhelmed by all the pieces that were in the box!! Hubby was super tired too and didn't feel like assembling it last night, either.  So we just put them all back in the box and will tackle it and get it together later this afternoon. The dust bunnies are multiplying like mad (sweeping just doesn't get it in our older house)....and hopefully this does a great job getting them subdued and back under control  Smiley LOL