Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday 1/28 Luminara TSV anyone know what it is?

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

Anyone have a clue what the upcoming TSV from Luminara is? 

All they have been offering are sets of candles in one size, or lanterns. Hopefully something new instead of repeats of the same kinds of things

@Mominohio

program guide shows TSV on 1/28 as My Pillow and Sunday 1/29 Dyson All Day every other hour blocks for the same product shown a zillion times over the past 6 months!!!! 💤💤💤💤💤💤💤😖😖😖😖😖

another fun weekend in store!!! Ugh!!!

PS: I just looked thru the Feb Q Insider nothing noted in the listed TSVs (pics) but it's 1/12  TSV "luminara style" must be TSV since listed for midnight.

Respected Contributor

Your welcome!   I love lanterns too and am anxious to see this one!  It sounds different from any that we have already!

Stay tuned!

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

I have never purchased a lanturn so can you tell me how you decorate with them?  I am sure you place on tables but do you ever set in the floor or???  Thank you

@DowntonAbbey

I have quite a few lanterns and I use them all over the house.

I use them on the dining table as a center piece. I use them on the floor if they are large, sometimes under a taller table (like a sofa table).

I use them on the front porch in groups, three alike in three different sizes.

I use one on top of the fridge and it burns during the night for a night light.

I use some of the smaller Luminara in the bathrooms on the counter or the toilet tank as night lights.

I use them in the kitchen as part of a holiday vignette.

I use some with just the candle inside. Some I put a ring around the candles, other (bigger lanterns) I put a seasonal figure (a vintage Santa or snowman) along with greens and a flamelesss candle. 

Some I don't put any candles in and just make a display inside. 

I tend to buy lanterns in groups. Right now my dining room has a large lantern in the center of the table. the buffet has the medium size of the the same lantern, and the side bar has the smallest one of the group. They all have matching candles inside. To me, it pulls a room together to have things that match like this. 

I use them in singles as well, but now tend to buy most of my lanterns in groups of two or three. 

Trusted Contributor

Hello, thank you for the ideas.  SO I guess they come without a candle?  Well, I love the way you use them and you have many.  I know they are beautiful.  I was going into Soft Surroundings one day with some friends and outside on a concrete table they have three huge ones and they are gorgeous. That is the first time in December that I really noticed any of these nice decor pieces.

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Hello, thank you for the ideas.  SO I guess they come without a candle?  Well, I love the way you use them and you have many.  I know they are beautiful.  I was going into Soft Surroundings one day with some friends and outside on a concrete table they have three huge ones and they are gorgeous. That is the first time in December that I really noticed any of these nice decor pieces.

@DowntonAbbey

Oftentimes out in the regular stores, lanterns do come without candles. Here on Q they most always have a candle included, Especially when they are being offered by Luminara. 

Luminara is now making theirs so that the candles are removable. You can use the lantern with the candle alone, without the candle and put other things (or other candles) inside, or use the candle and other items like candle rings or scatter inside.

Honored Contributor

I have several of the aqua luminara lanterns in different sizes.  I have the 25" on the hearth of my fireplace and the 12" on the mantal.  I put the 16" in my bathroom in the corner of the bath tub to enjoy when taking a bath.  I absolutely love these candles.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

@Mominohio wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Mominohio

Sadly for both of us, I saw a thread last week saying that it's another lantern..... .bummer for me.

@KingstonsMom

Thank you for that information!

I love my lanterns, but I may be subject to an intervention if I buy any more. 

Here is hoping it is really ugly and way overpriced, with double the shipping!! LOL (and maybe even that won't stop me).

I'm with you! I have lanterns everywhere and if this one is on a pedestal..well that just frees up more space for lanterns...lol

I am also hoping they only come in hideous colors and the shipping is $50...I WAS trying to cut spending this year..sigh

Trusted Contributor

Oh dear, as I do not need to charge another thing.........ugh but my home is my palace.......and I am here all the time..........even alone I like beauty. 

Respected Contributor

I sure wish we could get a picture, they are keeping this a secret!   If anyone sees please post, and I"ll do the same!

Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

No automatic alt text available.