Honored Contributor

Re: SG fit and flare tsv dress

I'm wearing a Susan Graver dress right now! 

I do wear dresses all of the time. I always wear a light jacket because of air conditioning. I've built up quite a nice collection of liquid knit cardigans!

I'm usually preparing on Saturdays, so I don't get online much. I did get on briefly after midnight and ordered the plain blue. I don't have a summer dress in that color!

I'm not a huge fan of elbow sleeves, but I will be wearing it with a light cardigan, probably a cream one. I do have a few printed ones, so one of those might look good too. 

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Susan's dresses. They fit my way of life well!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think the dress is a fair price and some pretty prints but the fit and flare style is not my favorite.  I purchased a liquid knit dress for the first time a few months ago (A07224) and it was very comfortable and I received compliments but I just don't need another dress at this time.  Also, I prefer a straight shift style without all that material around my knees.  Its pretty though so I hope others enjoy.

Honored Contributor

I just want to say,i still have 3 of her dresses from many years ago, similar to this tsv, her clothes do last.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Im ar a loss to understand how a plain, unadorned, knee-length dress can look dowdy.  Midi and maxis to me, are the ultimate in dowdy.  Lace, ruffles and similar embellishments are dowdy.  What makes a basic, plain fitted dress dowdy?

I have to agree; there is nothing "dowdy" about this dress. It may not be everyones favorite style but it is definately not dowdy.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that it looks on the dowry side. I tried one of her fit and flare dresses before because that's a style I like and wear. Something about the way they are cut looks matronly instead of modern. I think there is too much fabric in the waist and back area
Honored Contributor

This dress should sell extremely well.  It's the epitome of style for many of Susan's fans, according to a lot of the phone calls today.  Women have Susan Graver closets -- wow!  So this is a good TSV day for many.

I'm not a fan of the flare style of her dresses, the lengths, the elbow sleeves, or the prints.  

I don't wear Susan's fashions, for the most part.  I do have one of her denim jackets, and I absolutely love it!  One of the best denim jackets I own (and I own many Smiley Happy).  Also, her Weekend Premium Stretch pants are fabulous.  But so far, that's it.

I hope everyone who bought it enjoys their new dress.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Im ar a loss to understand how a plain, unadorned, knee-length dress can look dowdy.  Midi and maxis to me, are the ultimate in dowdy.  Lace, ruffles and similar embellishments are dowdy.  What makes a basic, plain fitted dress dowdy?

I have to agree; there is nothing "dowdy" about this dress. It may not be everyones favorite style but it is definately not dowdy.

@Catch71  @Kachina624  - The ones stating the dress is dowdy are describing how they themselves would look in the dress.   This is definitely not a dowdy looking dress.  

I do agree that Susan could have worn a smaller size though.

Valued Contributor

@fairydogmother   The length of the sleeve, the overall style, the print and the material it's made out of.  So, every thing about it.

Honored Contributor

This SG TSV looks quite nice on all of the models and hosts........not too-too tight anywhere, etc.

Can wear a few color options during Fall months, maybe underneath chunky or cardigan sweaters, etc.

The Black is a classic all year around.  

Love the fused reversible cardi's that complement these TSV fit and flare dresses. 

Especially the Black/with Oyster? and also the Navy/ with Chartreuse-ish green.  (Names of color choices aren't exact...check the item colors.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Occasional Contributor

Not a fan of elbow length sleeves. They look matronly. I'll try the blue print but not sure I'll keep it. I love the fit and flare TSV sleeveless dress she did a few years back. I own  2 and would have loved this one in sleeveless