Valued Contributor

do you get those same resulsts as they show on tv. they look to fake to get those kind of results? I bought plants and they never looked like those before?

Honored Contributor

Re: Roberta's Unique Gardens

I think plants shown on-air are sometimes fake - er, I mean faux.  Or they are real plants with faux flowers attached.  In those cases, Q usually shows lots of photos of real plants so we don't focus too much on the ones in the studio.  On the other hand, any live plants shown on-air are certainly greenhouse-grown under ideal conditions.

Honored Contributor

I quit ordering from them.my plants always arrived in bad shape and never grew well.I buy them locally now and have much better success.

Respected Contributor

After having fail after fail from the teeny tiny plants they send from the Q, I won't buy from them anymore - I like to see what I'm getting before I buy.  I buy most from local grocery store or Menards or Lowe's and have no problems with them.  Half the time the plants are half-dead from the Q or they send them when it is still too cold to plant them.  I say don't waste your money.

Honored Contributor

The guys from Roberta's shamelessly exaggerate their claims about the plants they sell.   The import many exotic varieties from South Africa and Madagascar which would be challenging for an expert botanist to grow and require very specific growing conditions.   You are doomed for failure as soon as you place your order.   With all the growers in this country,  I don't know why QVC persists in selling through these people. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm sitting here looking at my brown thumb right now, so sad.  My grandma who raised me could grow a nail.  It didn't get passed down to me.

I can't complain about what I buy (plants from QVC) because when they get to my house, they die, but when I give them to friends and family (with one last breath left in them) they thrive.  

Just this week my friend says, "Annabelle, look over there."  I'm like, "Yes!  It's beautiful?"  Friend says, "That's the poor almost dead weed you gave me".  I just shook my head.....

I'm not saying it's anyone other than me.  I can't grow zip, nada, nothing.  Yet, I've been ordering and just today my next door teenager/neighbor said, "Cheer up, Miss Annabelle, I'll plant them for you".  He does my lawn so maybe they'll be OK this time.

Trusted Contributor

Here in Utah it gets hot in the summer.  The constant watering all summer long gets old fast. But I just went outside and my peach tree, strawberries,  Blueberries, iris, roses.and daisies made it through the winter. So I  can't complain.  I diffently have to check zones. I love the rose food. I have roses that are 30 years old it brought back to life. The first year is definitely hard work, but the nexted years are easier.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

After having fail after fail from the teeny tiny plants they send from the Q, I won't buy from them anymore - I like to see what I'm getting before I buy.  I buy most from local grocery store or Menards or Lowe's and have no problems with them.  Half the time the plants are half-dead from the Q or they send them when it is still too cold to plant them.  I say don't waste your money.

_________

Same experience with me.  I have also had tough luck with Cottage Farms.  Those UPS trucks and warehouses get hot and the green starter plants arrive with black and slick leaves and stems.

I do think that bulbs, tubers, or rhizomes (like day lilies) are a much safer than plants if through UPS.  I might buy some of the re-blooming lilies because many or most of the ones locally don't re-bloom.

New Contributor

I bought six coral belles and two of them have not grown at all.  Each have about four leaves.  The other four have grown a little but certainly not like advertised.  I would like to get two replacements but don't know how to contact them.  Don't think I will buy from Roberta's again. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Stone Q customer service can give you their number.

Keepin' it real.